Angie's Reviews > The Job Search Solution: The Ultimate System for Finding a Great Job Now!

The Job Search Solution by Tony Beshara

2006281
May 08, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: business, job-search

I downloaded this as an mp3 from my library, and made it through 4 of 12 hours. It was just too "sales-y" for me. I understand that finding a job is a matter of selling yourself, but I didn't find the author's presentation appealing, or motivating for that matter.

The book appeared to be read by the author - definitely READ, not "performed". His presentation was rather stilted, and the sound quality was poor in several places, which was distracting.

There was one particular section where Beshara talked about all the reasons one might or might not be hired, which had nothing to do with the candidate, but rather the hiring manager - you're too tall or too short, you're too old or too young, you're too pretty or too average, office politics, or just a bad day. He spent quite a bit of time on this, but didn't offer anything to compensate for this issue - no tactics to get around these prejudices, nor even any motivational pep talk to just "stick with it".

Job hunting is hard enough - I'd rather feel like someone was on my side, than yelling at me for not trying hard enough (read: via HIS methods).

End result: deleted before finishing

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Job Search Solution.