Kim's Reviews > Noble Intentions

Noble Intentions by Katie MacAlister

did not like it
bookshelves: political-intrigue, mystery, romance, humor, forced-myself-to-finish

If you've been pining for a period romance novel with the sense of humor of Dumb And Dumber, including the fart jokes and toilet humor, this is the book for you! It features an adorably clumsy protagonist who can't tell when she's talking and when she's not, a brooding antihero control freak who shares my confusion about why he doesn't strangle his wife, dogs that suffer from extreme gastrointestinal distress, long conversations that are purposefully ambiguous to enable hilarious misunderstandings, and pages upon pages of characters refusing to take very simple steps to get themselves out of situations that they find upsetting because it's funny if they don't.

If that sounds appealing to you, you will definitely enjoy this book. If not, run away. Run away now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Noble Intentions.

August 6, 2014 – Started Reading
August 6, 2014 – Shelved
August 6, 2014 –
page 44
13.37% "Thank goodness for instant romance novel chemical recognition of love interest, because he doesn't know why he doesn't wring her neck and neither do I."
August 10, 2014 –
page 86
26.14% ""Dear God! You're... You're broken!" How does this book keep getting worse??"
August 10, 2014 –
page 133
40.43% "Chapter 6. Switching books to give my brain a chance to recover."
August 16, 2014 –
page 170
51.67% ""His ladybuds." "Honestly, it's LADYBIRDS. Now let's kill two birds with one bush." Canned laugh track."
August 16, 2014 –
page 300
91.19% "The dramatic revelation of the villain's identity comes as no surprise to me. Frankly, if he HADN'T been the villain, I would've been annoyed on his behalf his treatment."
August 16, 2014 – Shelved as: political-intrigue