Stephanie's Reviews > Tunnel Vision

Tunnel Vision by Keith Lowe

bookshelves: fiction
Read 2 times. Last read August 5, 2014 to August 14, 2014.

I first read this back when it first came out in 2001. Back then MTV was publishing their own books, and this was one of them. I read most of them back then: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Fake Liar Cheat, Brave New Girl, Don't Sleep With Your Drummer, Dog Run, and others.

I remembered I really enjoyed the story. I remembered how it ended, but couldn't remember much about how the story got to the end. So right before my trip to London I decided to reread it.

It was a lot of fun to read again. It made me laugh and I also got annoyed too at times. Some moments came back to me right away and others I couldn't remember how Andy and his new friend, Brian, get out of the pickle they're in. I had forgotten what a jerk Andy could be, but I liked how on their journey (see what I did there?) Brian gradually helped him to see what was really important.

I could not help but feel Rolf would be great friends with Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory. Such similar characteristics and both love trains way too much.

Sometimes Rachel annoyed me and I wanted someone to tell it to her straight, but I also could empathize with her because Andy did do some stupid things.

Now having experience the Tube myself I will go back and reread some passages with a clearer picture in mind.

4 out 5 Tube stations

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tunnel Vision.

Started Reading