B.A. Wilson's Reviews > Upside Down

Upside Down by Lia Riley

24206425

bookshelves: romance, adult, contemporary

This was a very satisfying read about two uniquely lovable characters who've faced some definite challenges in life, turning their worlds Upside Down. Because of that, they have a whole host of issues and insecurities to face down and work through if they want something for themselves that's better than the status quo.

I really liked reading about an MC who was dealing with OCD, as I think that even today we still lack awareness for this disorder. Coming from a family where several people struggle with this, most who've chosen not to get any kind of help, I appreciated seeing this in the novel and how gracefully it is included and handled. It was also a good reminder for me about what others are dealing with and how I can be more patient, understanding, and accommodating.

On top of all that, it's a sexy-as-hell romance story that will make you want to snuggle up a bit closer to the person sitting next to you. When that's a random stranger in the coffee shop, that can be quite problematic, so I don't recommend that option. Should that be the case, simply clutching the book to your chest for a moment, while staring mooney-eyed off into the distance, should suffice. ;)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Upside Down.

August 5, 2014 – Shelved
August 5, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
December 16, 2014 – Started Reading
December 16, 2014 –
6.0% "Oooh! I'm even more excited about this now that I've met the MC and see what she's up against. :)"
December 17, 2014 –
82.0% "Obsessed. Must finish tonight."
December 18, 2014 – Finished Reading