Christi Snow's Reviews > Betting on Julia

Betting on Julia by Nina Croft

My Review:
I really, really enjoyed this book. Everything about it...from Bastion and his push/pull with his demon, Dante...to Julia who has a hate/hate relationship with her wolf that she calls Thing through most the book. I enjoyed how the author created their other sides as separate entities...and both of them are truly at battle within against them, while hiding their existence. It created a fun story with a wonderful amount of conflict to really amp up the suspense of how it was all going to work out.

Julia is a girly girly. Her favorite color is pink and she tends to wear fuzzy pink sweater sets. She is everything the complete opposite of a werewolf, so she's having a bit of trouble reconciling her new status since her change six months before. In fact, she's decided to just try to ignore the issue.

Bastion has been living with his demon for 200 years and every day the demon is getting stronger. Bastion is well aware that he's in danger of losing himself. But the demon can't resist a bet and the two of them have entertained themselves for years placing wagers between them...that's usually the only way Bastion gets moments of peace...when he wins some free time where Dante isn't allowed to make himself known within Bastion's head. So when Dante offers a bet to abandon Bastion forever, Bastion can't pass it up...even if it means that the outcome will be to break an innocent girl's heart. He has to get her to fall in love with him. What he should realize though is that he's dealing with a demon...all isn't as it seems.

LOVED this book. Everything about the story line worked for me and it was scorching hot too. Julia may look innocent, but she hides the soul of a true vixen and I loved that about the story. Warning: there are touches of BDSM in this one so be prepared if you have issues with that. I loved the demon/warlock aspect, but adored the wolf pack drama that continued in this one from book #1. I liked that book too, but something about this one...the political climate in the pack with Julia's relationship with her big brother, Daniel, who's the new alpha...I just really enjoyed it...a LOT. You definitely don't need to read book #1 to enjoy this one. It stands alone beautifully. But I do HIGHLY recommend you pick up this one...it's so good!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Betting on Julia.

August 4, 2014 – Shelved