Lauren's Reviews > A Silent Prayer

A Silent Prayer by Samreen Ahsan

2029187
Aug 04, 2014

bookshelves: to-review

Full review here: http://mommabearsbookblog.blogspot.co...

I try to go into new books with an open mind. This one, however, I had my reservations about. I'm not much of a religious person and I was worried that this book would be all about Christianity and religion in general. I was wrong!

I didn't "get" Rania right away, and wasn't sure how I was going to feel about her. As I read further, though, I began to understand her and why she said and did the things she did. I got the feeling that the people around her took her for granted, but not Adam!

I fell in love with Adam right away pretty much. As other's would see him stalking Rania, I thought it was sweet and he just wanted to protect her. The way he would look at Rania, and the way both their pulses quickened when they were near each other was swoon worthy!

There were just a couple of parts that I, personally, didn't get. I figured all would be revealed at the end of the book. Nope! I am still in the dark about things until I pick up and read A Prayer Heeded, book 2. I don't want to give anything away, that's why I'm being so vague.

Ms. Ahsan definitely did a good thing by leaving the book so open ended, so you would go out and read the next book! She really went out of her way to get in contact with me, as my "Contact Me" link was broken at my blog. She finally found me on Goodreads! Thank you for not giving up easily as I would have never read this book and missed out on a treasure!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Silent Prayer.

August 4, 2014 – Started Reading
August 12, 2014 –
August 21, 2014 –
August 22, 2014 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Kaifia (new) - added it

Kaifia Naaz I read this till chapter thirty my bad luck for some reason I cant buy and read futhur but far most watever I have read I loved it. Rania showed me that shouting and crying out loud about you and your matters doesn't bring solutions and Adam made me learn what patience is and how not trusting someone can take u far away from that person.
miss ahsan.. loved the way u potrait every incidence. It made me feel that I was present in each of them...during my hardtime ur book gave me strength. May allah bless you abundantly. Thank you for writing