Aj the Ravenous Reader's Reviews > Icons

Icons by Margaret Stohl

it was ok
bookshelves: dystopia, physically-owned-books, sci-fi

Uh...ah...uhm...I really don't know how to review this book because everything in the story to me is cryptic. I'm not a big fan of alien stories in the first place and not only does this book have them, but it also portrays them in the most unfathomable way that is kind of hard to appreciate. I do have a little empathy for the heroine in the story but there are not enough events for her to display her character and personality. So, I'm stuck and I don't know what to say next because there is really nothing much to say about this book. I definitely won't read its sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Icons.

Started Reading
January 2, 2014 – Finished Reading
August 4, 2014 – Shelved
August 4, 2014 – Shelved as: dystopia
April 12, 2016 – Shelved as: physically-owned-books
December 28, 2016 – Shelved as: sci-fi

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Baker That is good. I heard that it is slower and doesn't explain everything.

Aj the Ravenous Reader Sarah wrote: "That is good. I heard that it is slower and doesn't explain everything."

Phew. I think I made the right decision. Thanks. ^^

Rene Rowland Well it's a start. I enjoyed it but felt it needed a conclusion. I am a fan of alien fiction. Maybe a sequel ? I would l try it.

Aj the Ravenous Reader Rene wrote: "Well it's a start. I enjoyed it but felt it needed a conclusion. I am a fan of alien fiction. Maybe a sequel ? I would l try it."

Glad you enjoyed it. There is a sequel. Maybe that will make the story more solid. Hope you enjoy it as well. :)