Megan Readinginthesunshine's Reviews > Flirty Dancing

Flirty Dancing by Jenny McLachlan

My attention was immediately caught by the cover of Flirty Dancing – I love the colours and it had me so excited to start reading!

Bea Hogg is a girl who is quite shy on the outside, but inside is fiery and full of life. When the national dance competition Starwars comes to her school looking for talent, Bea is keen to sign up and enter. However, her best friend agreed to enter with Pearl Harris, who used to be her friend. But hen the hottest guy in school, Ollie Matthews, who is also Pearl’s boyfriend, decides to enter the competition with Bea, she realises she might have more than a fight on her hands….

I thoroughly enjoyed this! I think Bea as a character will strike a chord with everyone – for me personally I found I could relate to so many things in her life and situations she found herself in. I dearly LOVED watching Bea grow as a person on her journey throughout the book, she was brave and I really rooted for her!

I enjoyed the underlying lessons in Flirty Dancing – about believing in yourself and your abilities, being able to stand up for yourself and being confident enough to be yourself, and love yourself for who you are. This is a story that I raced through – it flowed brilliantly and I found myself completely immersed in Bea’s world. I particularly loved Bea’s family and the love between them all, I loved that even though sometimes Bea thought they could be embarrassing, there was still that family love and care there.

Flirty Dancing is entertaining, it is fun, and Jenny explores a range of topics amongst dancing, romance and friendship. Brilliant.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirty Dancing.

August 4, 2014 – Started Reading