Ella Schwartz's Reviews > The Big Book of Superheroes

The Big Book of Superheroes by Bart King

Let's face it, superheroes are a big deal these days. Doesn't it seem like a new superhero movie comes out every other week? I can barely keep up with Marvel these days! As the mother of three boys my house is Iron Man, Captain America, and Hawkeye all day. It takes all my energy to keep them from turning common household items shields and crossbows.

So when I found the THE BIG BOOK OF SUPERHEROES I knew this would be perfect for my superhero loving kids.

Ninja style, I left THE BIG BOOK OF SUPERHEROES on the kitchen table.

"What's this, mom," my son said when he came home from school.

I shrugged. "Oh, I thought you might like that."

"Hmph," he said thumbing through the book.

A half hour later he was still sitting there reading, an occasional giggle or snort escaping from his throat.

Until his brother snatched it away.

The book kept my two sons entertained for days.

Confession: I might be a mom, but I love superheroes as much as my kids, and I loved this book as much as they did. Use this handbook to select a superhero name, power, and secret identity. Wondering how to make a jetpack? How about customizing a secret lair? And if you really want to mess with your parents: dog food and a toilet. Trust me on this one.

THE BIG BOOK OF SUPERHEROES is a fun lighthearted read for superhero loving kids (or their parents).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Big Book of Superheroes.

Finished Reading