Mary Brown's Reviews > Paw and Order

Paw and Order by Spencer Quinn

Paw and Order by Spencer Quinn is the seventh book in the Chet And Bernie Mystery Series and it’s a great book. This book finds Chet and Bernie traveling to Washington, D.C. to visit Bernie’s girlfriend, Suzie. But as usual, when Chet is involved, things do not go as planned and the two find themselves involved in a murder mystery. Will they be able to figure out the case before they are silenced permanently?

I just love the writing style of this book. The story is told from Chet, the dog’s, perspective and I find it both heartwarming and humorous. What pet owner has not wished their animal could talk or that they could read their pets mind? This is probably the closest I will ever get to that happening and I think that is why I enjoy the serie so much. Chet’s thoughts and behavior are quite funny, even if Bernie does not always see the humor in the situation. He is often sidetracked, by just about ANYTHING but somehow he is always able to help solve the mystery. The love and relationship between Chet and Bernie is heartwarming and very realistic. I am focusing my review on this aspect of the book, because, in my opinion, that is what makes this book and series stand out from all the rest.

I would recommend this book to mystery lovers who are also dog lovers. I would also recommend reading the series in order so that you can watch Chet and Bernie’s relationship grow with each book.

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review. I would like to thank NetGalley and Atria Books for the opportunity to read Paw and Order.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paw and Order.

Finished Reading