Mikaela's Reviews > Hellhound Awakened

Hellhound Awakened by Karen Swart

bookshelves: favorites

You can find my other reviews at: The Titan's Tomb

Evil is dominating the constant battle-ground of good verse evil and is leaving mankind in destruction upon its wake. But with God's intervention, a creature is created that is destined to conquer and destroy the growing numbers of the Fallen Archangel's army. He gives earth Hellhounds to help fight back and reclaim their hope and freedom. Kasadya Levourne is one of these same Hellhounds who fights against evil to protect us. With each step she faces trials and pain, and yet she has a talent for giving it back ten-fold. Stubborn and courages, she begins to make her mark in the Fallen world and starts a battle that none can escape. Will evil prevail? Or will Kas and her Fallen friends succeed in protecting us against the sins and temptations that it brings?

Hellhounds have made a new name for themselves with this story. Forget the Greek Cerberus who guards the entrance to Hades and the slavering black dogs that we have come to proclaim them as, these Hellhounds are now God-sent creatures of retribution and a whole lot of smiting. The world of the Fallen and the Demons they battle in order to reclaim their place in Heaven after Lucifer's betrayal is such a fantastically imaginative story that I fell in love with the book half-way through its introduction. The characters are all amazingly different and yet all strong-willed and brave, especially the protagonist Kas, who, after the events of the book, went through a very realistic character development and made her even more of a likeable character than before. A definite must-read for all urban fantasy fans, Hellhound Awakened will leave you on the edge of your seat and begging for more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hellhound Awakened.

August 2, 2014 – Shelved