Maria's Reviews > The Father

The Father by Brett Alan Williams

bookshelves: first-reads

Oh wow. I loved this novel. Boys always seem to need their Fathers approval and end up with the same concerns of life. Well pick up this novel and read every word. You may find that you can empathize with sons. Excellently written. Easy to follow through the generations. Loved the ending!! Should have seen it coming.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Father.

Quotes Maria Liked

Brett Alan Williams
“I asked him, ‘If I had died when I fell from that tree, would I wake up in the Kingdom, freed, like they say?’ And do you know what he told me, Miss Pancake? He said, ‘The Kingdom of the Father is upon the land, and men do not see it.”
Brett Williams, The Father

August 2, 2014 – Shelved
August 2, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
September 15, 2014 – Started Reading
September 16, 2014 – Shelved as: first-reads
September 26, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Maria Ok, I haven't read a novel with so many generations. I feel I was born just at the right time to appreciate the time settings. Of course the first & second periods of time I can fully empathize by what I have seen, heard and watched through movies and news broadcasts. This is a novel to lap up like a history book. It feels all too real. Yes Family is important.

Maria Ok, I'm not one to job right in so quickly to reread a novel especially not even one month later. However this book left a great impression. Thank you Brett Williams for this wonderful story. And if I didn't share this before I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.