Tammy's Reviews > Dreams of Gods & Monsters

Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor

Aug 01, 2014

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy

I have to say I was disappointed in this book, especially after waiting so long for it. I really loved the first two books in the trilogy so I was exceptionally keen to see how it all ends. Ugh! There are few things that annoyed me to the point of getting in the way of me enjoying the story.

Firstly, why introduce so many new characters? The story already included enough characters that we all know and love. Why add so many in the final installment? It's not going to go anywhere and the story could have been written without so many additions. I found myself trying to remember who's who, who was in whose body, etc. It really was unnecessary. We wanted to hear about the characters we already knew from the first two books and wrap things up for them. Who cares about all these new ones? Not me.

Secondly, WE GET IT. Amber eyes, longing stares, good god. You could write the entire story like this Page 1... Akiva and Karou stared longingly at each other. Then they did it again 1000 times. The end.

I liked the book in a way, meaning that I loved hearing more from characters I really loved and 'catching up' but as much as I hate to say it out loud, I think this was a major fail. It could have been SO much better. So SO much better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams of Gods & Monsters.

June 23, 2014 – Started Reading