ღFloღ the coffee addict's Reviews > Filthy Beautiful Lies

Filthy Beautiful Lies by Kendall Ryan

4 break my heart why don't you? STARS

Sophie has a problem. She needs money for her sick twin-sister's cancer treatment and at twenty-one years old the only thing of value she can offer is her virginity. *ding ding ding* Jackpot!

Clue in the convenient sex slave auction she stumbles upon and the mysterious rich guy who outbids another sleazeball with one million dollar.

"He seems so calm and in control, it makes me wonder what might be lurking under the surface of that composed demeanor and expensive suit."

This is pretty much my all time favourite scenario. My sick head goes all dark and twisted and I'm jumping around the house, screaming 'dis gone be goooooooood'...

Well...it wasn't exactly what I thought or even hoped it would be. The mysterious stranger Colton Drake turned out to be not so twisted and dark after all and for someone who buys a sex-slave at an auction he was very concerned with Sophie's feelings, pleasure and he was quite a bit worried about scaring her away. What a gentleman?! He has secrets, so I suppose that’s something.

Not sure what it says about me that I was at first disappointed about his 'kindness', but I wanted more...especially the 'filthy' so advertised in the book’s title...that's not asking too much, right? *pouts* But I have to say I got over my initial reservations pretty damn fast.

Everything about him is intensely male and perfect, it’s hard not to react. My body pulses with electric heat, as feelings I never imagined I’d have course through me. Interest. Desire. Lust. He’s attractive, fit and intelligent, there is nothing about him, at least physically not to like, but he bought me for heaven’s sake. I should feel repulsed, not excited and slightly turned on.

Yeah, that makes up for dark and twisted, right?

Filthy Beautiful Lies is a short read and yet a slow burn. The first part is very interesting...the middle part drags after a while and nothing really happens ...until about 70%, that's where all the good stuff comes in. So, if you want to read this book, just hold out...there is lighting at the end of the tunnel. And what a bright light that is. Warm and fuzzy and all kinds of awesome.

"Sacred mother of everything holy, that is one giant cock."

And now to the bad part. That freaking cliff-hanger. Are you kidding me? Yeah, I've seen it coming from miles away...*duh* could that have been more obvious? But still, it hit me like a freight train and I'm still shaking from rage. But the next book - I'm absolutely convinced - will be AWESOME!! It has to be!

Damn you Ms. Ryan. Is it Spetmeber 29th yet?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Filthy Beautiful Lies.

August 1, 2014 – Shelved
August 18, 2014 – Started Reading
August 19, 2014 –
41.0% "\n \n WHERE IS THE FILTHY!! I DEMAND TO SEE IT...NOW!!!"
August 19, 2014 –
45.0% ""We're not fucking tonight, sweetness."\n \n Seriously? You are not her fucking boyfriend, you bought her for crying out loud...get one with it...\n \n "
August 19, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)

.Karéz. Gorgeous Review, I wanna meet Ms,Ryan ! :D x

ღFloღ the coffee addict Karéz wrote: "Gorgeous Review, I wanna meet Ms,Ryan ! :D x"

Haha, thanks, babe! You want to meet the author? Why is that?

message 3: by Jessi (new) - added it

Jessi Fab review sweetie! :)

ღFloღ the coffee addict Jessi wrote: "Fab review sweetie! :)"

Thanks, Jessi!!

.Karéz. ღFloღ wrote: "Karéz wrote: "Gorgeous Review, I wanna meet Ms,Ryan ! :D x"

Haha, thanks, babe! You want to meet the author? Why is that?"

LMAO, Sorry meant Colton! hehe *Brain Fart* :p. xx

message 6: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Wonderful review, Flo. Part of me was dying for a little bit of brutalness from him, but I fell in love with him just being so broken.

message 7: by Steph (new)

Steph Patt Great review! Don't you hate it when you know there is going to be a cliffhanger but you HAVE To keep reading anyways? It's killer!

message 8: by Saffron (new) - added it

Saffron Awesome review Flo!! Hmmm...now i am thinking should i wait till Sept 29th?? My weak heart might not be able to take the anxiety!

Beverly Beautiful review and images babe!! xoxo

message 10: by Mo (new)

Mo Nice review.

Eda** # Dax Lahn's Golden Tigress  # Awesome review Flo! xo

~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~ Superb review Flo :) Now I know what to expect ;p
I'll think I'll wait until the second book is out to read this one :)

message 13: by Jasmine (new) - added it

Jasmine Superb review Flo!! ♥♥ Gahhh now I'm thinking if I should wait for the next book to be out before I picked this up! D: Knowing me...I might just pick this one up soon LOL!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ LOL! Love your review Flo! We felt very alike I think! = DD

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda great review, Flo.
Haha... i wouldn't want my hero to be 'kind' either.

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie Awesome review, Flo!!! I still have to get to this O_O

message 17: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Fantastic review, Flo! :)

Christy Amazing review, sweetie! xoxo

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read** Super review chickie!!

ღFloღ the coffee addict Michelle wrote: "Wonderful review, Flo. Part of me was dying for a little bit of brutalness from him, but I fell in love with him just being so broken."

Thanks, hun. I know, I was so torn between being pissed off and falling for him at the same time. LOL.

ღFloღ the coffee addict Steph wrote: "Great review! Don't you hate it when you know there is going to be a cliffhanger but you HAVE To keep reading anyways? It's killer!"

Thanks, Steph. I so hate that and right now all the erotica books are serials...it's a bloody nightmare, to be honest.

ღFloღ the coffee addict Supreet wrote: "Awesome review Flo!! Hmmm...now i am thinking should i wait till Sept 29th?? My weak heart might not be able to take the anxiety!"

Thanks, sweetie!! Waiting isn't such a bad idea. The second book will also be the conclusion of the series, so that's a double plus!! ;D

ღFloღ the coffee addict Bev **Read Like A Champion** wrote: "Beautiful review and images babe!! xoxo"

Thank you so much, Bev!! xoxo

ღFloღ the coffee addict Mo wrote: "Nice review."

Thanks, Mo! :D

ღFloღ the coffee addict Eda** # Deacon Bruce's kitten # wrote: "Awesome review Flo! xo"

Thanks, Eda! :D

ღFloღ the coffee addict ~ Stéphanie ~ wrote: "Superb review Flo :) Now I know what to expect ;p
I'll think I'll wait until the second book is out to read this one :)"

LOL. Thanks, babe!! Waiting is good. Second book will also be the conclusion to the series...so no more cliffies after that. ;D

ღFloღ the coffee addict Jasmine wrote: "Superb review Flo!! ♥♥ Gahhh now I'm thinking if I should wait for the next book to be out before I picked this up! D: Knowing me...I might just pick this one up soon LOL!"

Hahaha...thanks dear. It's a good read and the wait isn't too long. Looking forward to read your thoughts. :))

ღFloღ the coffee addict SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "LOL! Love your review Flo! We felt very alike I think! = DD"

Wohooooo. Great minds think alike. LOL. Thanks, Sue! :D

ღFloღ the coffee addict Amanda wrote: "great review, Flo.
Haha... i wouldn't want my hero to be 'kind' either."

Thanks, Amanda. LOL. We can be totally twisted together. ;P

ღFloღ the coffee addict Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Mafia Princess* wrote: "Awesome review, Flo!!! I still have to get to this O_O"

Thanks, Chrstine! It's a short read...not much time wasted. LOL.

ღFloღ the coffee addict Brandi wrote: "Fantastic review, Flo! :)"

Thank you so much, Brandi!! :D

ღFloღ the coffee addict Christy wrote: "Amazing review, sweetie! xoxo"

Thank you, Christy! <3

ღFloღ the coffee addict Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A*** wrote: "Super review chickie!!"

Thanks, Mirjana!! :D

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Awesome review, Flo!xo

message 35: by Mysza (new) - added it

Mysza Fabulous review Flo!

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ What a fabulous review!! Can't wait to fuck meet the Professor!! xo

message 37: by Anja (new) - added it

Anja Great review, Flo! <3

ღFloღ the coffee addict Arianna wrote: "Awesome review, Flo!xo"

Thanks, Arianna!! <3

ღFloღ the coffee addict Mysza wrote: "Fabulous review Flo!"

Thank you so much, dear!! xoxo

ღFloღ the coffee addict Shannie⭐️this Whore Loves BIG C##KS⭐️ wrote: "What a fabulous review!! Can't wait to fuck meet the Professor!! xo"

LOL, thanks babe!! Hold on...what Professor?

ღFloღ the coffee addict Anja wrote: "Great review, Flo! <3"

Thanks, Anja!! xo

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time Terrific review Flo!

ღFloღ the coffee addict J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* wrote: "Terrific review Flo!"

Thanks, J!! xo

message 44: by ♥Sharon♥ (new)

♥Sharon♥ Fantastic review Flo. Love that collage. xo

Irida Great review Flo!! I'm beginning it now...

ღFloღ the coffee addict ♥Sharon♥ wrote: "Fantastic review Flo. Love that collage. xo"

Thanks, Sharon! <3

ღFloღ the coffee addict Irida wrote: "Great review Flo!! I'm beginning it now..."

Thanks, babe! I hope you enjoy your read. :D

Robin Mbera How can I go to the next page please!

Robin Mbera Very addictive book, I can be able to hold my patience for a while, just need to see more!!

ღFloღ the coffee addict Robin wrote: "How can I go to the next page please!"

I'm not sure what you mean by that?!

« previous 1