Dina's Reviews > Burning Wild

Burning Wild by Christine Feehan

1918270

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, to-review
Recommended to Dina by: MelissaB

There are already many excellent reviews on this book and I agree with most of them, so I won't bother writing mine. I'll just say that the sex scenes were a bit ouf of my comfort zone but I didn't mind. That's how much I loved Jack and Emma. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Wild.

May 4, 2010 – Shelved
May 4, 2010 – Shelved as: paranormal-romance
June 5, 2010 – Started Reading
June 5, 2010 –
page 1
0.23% "Setting this book aside for a drinking game tonight. After what I went through last night and this morning, I deserve it. ;)"
June 5, 2010 –
page 82
18.51% "Why do I find Jake's obsessive, manipulative and controlling ways so charming? There must be something wrong with me, LOL."
June 6, 2010 –
page 257
58.01% "Wow, that was scorching hot... and gross, LOL."
June 6, 2010 –
page 443
100.0% "Wow, what an intense read! Review to come after I unwind..."
June 6, 2010 – Finished Reading
June 26, 2011 – Shelved as: to-review

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

BJ Rose Dina, don't let the weakness of the first two stories stop you from reading this one - Jake is great!!

Here's my review

Dina Oh yes, I've heard great things about Jake's book. You know I only read Fever due to my OCD, right? What I really wanted to read was this book. ;)

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Dina wrote: "Oh yes, I've heard great things about Jake's book. You know I only read Fever due to my OCD, right? What I really wanted to read was this book. ;)"

I have the same problem with OCD and reading in order Dina, but I'm going to step totally outside my box and read this book alone when I get around to it. LOL I rarely do that.

Dina Karen, you'll be totally OK doing that. Now that I've read these books, I can tell you that you don't have to read the 1st stories (the novella The Awakening and the full-length book Wild Rain) to understand/enjoy this one. That's quite a statement coming from a MRBIO (Must Read Books In Order) like me. :)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Great review!! I loved this book and REALLY want to find out what happens to Drake!

And LOLOL Dina... MRBIO! Glad to see I started a trend!

Dina I'm dying to know what CF has in store for Drake too, but I'm worried. I mean, the poor guy has already been on the verge of dying twice and there's been only 2 full-length books so far. If she keeps pulling stunts like that, Drake won't be alive to star in his own book, LOL.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Glad you liked this one, Dina. LOL about Drake!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Bite your tongue, Dina!!! Drake simply MUST live to get his own book!

message 9: by Auntee (new)

Auntee Ooh, out of your comfort zone--do tell!:)

message 10: by Dina (last edited Jun 07, 2010 07:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina Auntee wrote: "Ooh, out of your comfort zone--do tell!:)"

Spanking, dominance and light bondage. That's because she's a newbie and isn't ready for all the things Jake wants to do. I'm sure he has much more in store for her, LOL.

message 11: by Auntee (new)

Auntee Really? Christine Feehan does BDSM?

message 12: by Dina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dina Auntee, this was the 1st time I saw something like that in one of her book. I haven't read everything she's written, but I think this was a 1st for her too.

Danielle, I believe you've read almost everything CF has written. What do you say about this?

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (last edited Jun 08, 2010 05:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I've read most of her books except some of the Carpathians and The Awakening. This is the first book I've read with overt BDSM elements, such as light bondage. She usually has a little of the "I'm sexually dominant, you're sexually submissive" kind of subtext. She's had some light spanking too.

MelissaB Dina,

Yeah these love scenes were kind of crazy right? Some were a bit shocking but I just went with it because it seemed to fit the dominant hero.

I really liked this one too! I need to get to the next one soon.