Kali Mura's Reviews > Ancestor

Ancestor by Scott Sigler

May 04, 2010

bookshelves: sci-fi-horror, monsters

ANCESTOR is about two deadly killers - one of them is a control-crazed millionaire named Magnus and the other is his lab-manufactured genetic horrors. Magnus was trying to create placid herd animals available to donate organs for humans who need transplants, but a delusional scientist tweaked the DNA and instead made large vicious predators. When Magnus tries to cover-up the project, these beasts get loose. Now everyone on an isolated island is at risk of being hunted down and exterminated either by Magnus or by the hungry creatures.

I'm not sure who is scarier, Magnus or the Ancestor predators. Both of them seem equally ruthless. And the author seems to take great delight in making you love these wonderful quirky characters, and then slaughtering them a few chapters later. No one seems to be off-limits, which has you alternately cursing the author and biting your nails. You will have a blissful ride of unique action and bloodshed and terror until the ultimate showdown in-between Magnus and his horrible creatures.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ancestor.

message 1: by Suzy (new) - added it

Suzy Kue Like your review. Can't wait to read it now

Kali Mura Cool. Sigler has a lot of other great horror novels - my favorite is INFECTED. :-)

message 3: by Suzy (new) - added it

Suzy Kue I'm reading Infected now. ; )

Kali Mura INFECTED is the first book of a trilogy. I loved them all. As you probably realize by now, the books are pretty gory. I'm a hard core horror fan and they even got to me. That's a win in my book.