Melissa Crytzer Fry's Reviews > The Ultimate Goodreads Guide for Authors

The Ultimate Goodreads Guide for Authors by Barb Drozdowich

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads

I found a number of useful tips in this small guide: insight on the nuts-and-bolts of hosting author giveaways, the importance of sharing author events, hosting trivia and quizzes, etc. While I wish there had been a bit more information about tags and keywords (where/how to insert them, their importance), I found the instructions, overall, easy to understand. This guide offered a quick read on the key functions of Goodreads and its value to authors. I've been a reader on the Goodreads social media site for more than four years, so it was interesting to see the nuances spelled out for the author.

Also, I'm not one who likes to "play" with social media and figure it out on my own - so books like this are a Godsend. Particularly interesting was the insight about the Goodreads newsletter and how an author might go about requesting to be included in the publication as an author interview.

My chief complaint, however, is with the graphics. They are just so small and also not at a high enough resolution that, on most pages, they are simply not useful. Fortunately the written instructions are a good fallback.

Thanks to the Goodreads First Reads program for the opportunity to win this book. It's going to be a useful reference for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ultimate Goodreads Guide for Authors.

July 31, 2014 – Shelved