Amy's Reviews > The Girl Who Stopped Swimming

F 50x66
May 03, 2010

bookshelves: read-in-2010, recommended-books
Read from May 31 to June 06, 2010

Ok, the thing I loved most about this book, it is took a really interesting turn at the end, something I didn't see coming. I kind of figured out early on that Uncle Marty wasn't a very good uncle, though I did think he had touched Thalia, and was going to start in on Laurel, as it turns out he only showed them himself. I don't blame Thalia for shooting him, I believe she was protecting Laurel, being a big sister, and keeping her out of harm's way, since it was clear the parents weren't going to step up and do it. Also, I can understand that Bet would want to be a part of Shelby's life, and have what Shelby has, especially coming from where she did, but at the expense of killing Shelby? I never saw that coming, didn't even suspect Bet at having anything to do with Molly's death, but it makes sense at the end. However, did Bet really think Laurel would want her, after her daughter was dead, and especially if Laurel knew that Bet caused it? She would hate Bet, so Bet wouldn't have made a place for herself in Laurel's life, but rather cut herself out of it entirely, and losing what little space she did have in Laurel's world.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Stopped Swimming.

05/31/2010 page 1
03/31/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol This review is telling too much about the detail of the book rather than the experience of reading it?

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Carol wrote: "This review is telling too much about the detail of the book rather than the experience of reading it?"

Sorry, that is usually how I review books, what they are about..