Echo's Reviews > Before He Was Gone

Before He Was Gone by Becky Wicks

Jul 30, 2014

bookshelves: summer, rom-com

I was lucky enough to get my paws on a pre-release copy of Before He Was Gone and it accompanied me on what should have been a long train journey. The journey flew by, in a wave of sand, sea and sunshine thanks to this great summer story.

Perfectly paced to keep me turning pages (or clicking Kindle buttons, ahem), Before He Was Gone developed the character of Alyssa from Before He Was Famous with the style and vivacity I have come to expect from the author.

Quick-witted and unassumingly beautiful, Alyssa chooses to leave behind heartbreak for a desert island adventure that promises a life changing sum of money for the winner - not to mention madcap challenges, new friendships and a whirlwind romance along the way!

The description of a reality TV series was right on the ball, with both the highs and lows framed perfectly as well as showing evidence of Becky Wicks great research into the industry.

I loved Alyssa and Joshua's romance. Joshua's emotional unavailability made for a great mystery to puzzle over during dark train tunnels and their relationship evolved at a good pace instead of the popular 'insta-love' situation.

With an extra bonus chapter on the author's website, Before He Was Gone is a fantastically fun read and very much recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before He Was Gone.

Started Reading