Joyzi's Reviews > Burned

Burned by P.C. Cast

May 03, 2010

bookshelves: e-book, fiction, ya-books, 5-stars-or-more, reviewed, read-more-than-once, political-intrigue, book-series, guilty-pleasures, chick-lit, vampires, author-american, paranormal-romance
Recommended to Joyzi by: Youtube
Recommended for: Peeps who don't mind cussing and slutty characters, fans of HoN
Read from May 10 to 13, 2010

***Stevie raexRephaim***

"You're pretty" -Rephaim
"You think so? Really?" -Stevie Rae
"Really. I just can't ever tell you. I can't ever let you know how i really feel"
"You are now."
"I know."
— Rephaim and Stevie Rae

Stevie_Rae_and_Rephaim_by_M3yil3

Rephaim_by_x_Nervosa_x

"I'm here because she's here, and she belongs to me. ~Rephaim"

Book Review

What can I say, I'd really did love and enjoyed the Stevie rae-Rephaim love story. My favorite part was at the ending when Stevie Rae and Rephaim were staring at there reflection. Rephaim was a Raven Mocker and he's like a half-bird half-human creature but when they looked at the reflection on the fountain, Rephaim was another man like he became somewhat human and he's beautiful. I'd love to think of the possibility that somehow Stevie rae could help him bring his humanity back and then Rephaim could be human. I'd also love that they are like Romeo and Juliet at the end wherein they loved each other but they are somewhat like star-crossed lovers since they are both on the opposing sides.

I hate to admit it but their story is much more interesting than the Zoey and Stark Arc which I found less interesting but still I love love love Stark on this one. He's really that fictional character who could make my heart flutter and be a crazy fan girl. I just hope that they're would be really improvement on Zoey, she became apparently boring unlike Stevie rae and Aphrodite which I've found have more stronger presence in the book.

I'm just frustrated at one part when Stevie rae was crying at the tunnels and she suddenly after that wanted to have sex with Dallas. I thought that was very much out of character and unrealistic and I'd think it's not really good when the authors would try to make Stevie rae slutty like Zoey. Just please, it's really pissed me off, I think they just want the drama so that Rephaim would go there, but the execution I felt was pushed and doesn't feel natural.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burned.