Simona's Reviews > Winter's Heart

Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan

Jul 30, 2014

bookshelves: series, fantasy, wot

Reading this series was all ups and downs for me. I loved books 1 to 6 but by the time I started Winter's Heart, the 9th book in the series, I was already going through the disappointment of barely having dragged through books 7 & 8.

The first part of the volume was awful especially the Perrin - Faile plot which I found very annoying and repetitive, as much as I used to like everything related to Perrin before. But then the story that I so much love started coming up, with Matt and the Seanchan, Rand and Cadsuane, even the Elayne trying to take back the throne of Andor plot. The ending was spectacular, the characters finally look like they are going somewhere, so I decided to make peace with Robert Jordan and give book 10 a try.

This is a wonderful fantasy series just that it likes to play with your head a little :))

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter's Heart.

July 30, 2014 – Started Reading
July 30, 2014 – Shelved
September 6, 2014 –
page 350
50.58% "It's more than one year since I started this series and I must admit that as much as I loved it in the beginning I loathe it right now. Am I going to stop here? Definitely not! Maybe because I’m a little bit masochistic and I want to finish what I started even if by now it hurts like hell to follow the crawling and redundant storyline that seems to be going nowhere. Well I have nothing better to do than going with t"
September 6, 2014 –
page 350
50.58% "It's more than one year since I started this series and I must admit that as much as I loved it in the beginning I loathe it right now. Am I going to stop here? Definitely not! Maybe because I’m a little bit masochistic and I want to finish what I started even if by now it hurts like hell to follow the crawling and redundant storyline that seems to be going nowhere."
September 15, 2014 –
page 580
83.82% "It's amazing how Jordan's mind could create such a complex and detailed world.This is what makes The Wheel Time unique and worth spending time with."
September 20, 2014 – Finished Reading