DarienMoya's Reviews > Some Kind of Stranger

Some Kind of Stranger by Katrina Strauss

^^SOMETIMES A STRANGER IS A POTENTIAL LOVER!^^

More of my reviews and ramblings at PANTS OFF REVIEWS

I gotta say I love that cover so incredibly pretty and eye catching. Kudos to it being an original cover. I really enjoyed reading this story, the BDSM part of it is light, but spanktacular. It has pretty men and it’s so very yaoi. I was freaking sold on that alone, because yaoi is my everything.

So Derek is out to catch a predator after being drugged and violated, he’s got revenge on the brain. So waiting in the back room of a club/bar, he is waiting for the perve to strike. While being mysterious and investigative in the bar, Derek spots a hotty all pretty boy splendour looking like just his type. Well, Derek is about to catch the man who assaulted him and rescue the boy that caught his eye, and thus begins his Blue Ruin.

Everyone calls him Blue because he has the hair, and he’s just the street kid trying to make it. Until he’s drugged and almost raped and the beautiful man with the auburn hair and exotic eyes comes to his rescue. Blue never expected to end up in a D/s relationship but he’s finding that it works for him. Plus it’s not so bad with someone as beautiful as Derek is.

I really enjoyed reading this book; my opinion might be rather biased because this book has the pretty. I do love my men pretty, and Blue is the epitome of all that. The writing is classic yaoi, which also equals good for me. It’s also very entertaining and moves quite well, it has a small mystery to add a little drama to the story. Though all that doesn’t outshine the awesmazingness that is Derek and Blue.

The BDSM aspect of it all is really light and fun, whether it’s your cuppa or not, there is nothing here to be worried about. Some spanking, light bondage and all that, all very sexy stuff. I really enjoyed this one and am really excited to read the rest in this series. Yep, Blue has ruined me too.

SideNote- My fave scene is when Derek dresses Blue, gawds I loved it so much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Kind of Stranger.

May 2, 2010 – Shelved