Stacee's Reviews > The Steep & Thorny Way

The Steep & Thorny Way by Cat Winters

bookshelves: use-of-the-other-f-word, read-in-2016

Hamlet has always been one of my favorite plays, so I was quite eager to see what Cat was going to do with it.

I loved Hanalee right from the start. She's smart and capable and really doesn't take shit from anyone. I loved that she was strong enough to stand up to do the right thing in such a hard situation. And I absolutely adored the scenes when she had her gun.

I really enjoyed the twist on Hamlet. It was a unique take and didn't unfold exactly like I was expecting. There were a few things that happened that I didn't see coming and I was thrilled to get those surprises.

The additional of the time period photos was a treat. And to read the book and know things like that actually took place had me shuddering. Overall, the story was heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time.

**Huge thanks to Abrams for sending me the arc**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Steep & Thorny Way.

July 29, 2014 – Shelved
July 29, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 31, 2016 – Started Reading
page 82
page 132
37.5% "I love the photos that are interspersed."
January 31, 2016 – Shelved as: use-of-the-other-f-word
page 216
61.36% ""I think love and wrong are two deeply unrelated words that should never be thrown into the same sentence together. Like dessert and broccoli." <--- love"
page 260
73.86% "I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING."
January 31, 2016 – Shelved as: read-in-2016