Felicia's Reviews > Bitterblue

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore

May 02, 2010

bookshelves: 2012
Read from May 21 to 25, 2012

Graceling is my favorite book ever! I was happy to read a book that had Katsa and Po in it, it was fun to read about them again. Bitterblue is a great character, she isn't perfect or annoying or extra beautiful but she is kind and tries really hard. The best thing to me about Kristin Cashore's writing is that you not only get to know and love the main characters but a ton of the side characters as well. I loved the librarian and Hava and the Baker and especially I liked Giddeon. This book is full of more mysteries than it is action or adventure or traveling. Most of the time Bitterblue is just in her castle trying to figure out who is crazy, or a liar and trying to fix the mess Leck made during his reign. I think that it will disappoint some readers who loved the first 2 books because they were so full of action and adventure. The last half of this book is definitely better than the first, I thought that about the book Fire as well. This isn't a book I could read over and over like Graceling, because most of the fun of this book is not knowing, so once you know all of the secrets I don't know if it would be as fun to read again. I think I will read it again in a couple of years when I have forgotten a lot of things or maybe before another book comes out as a refresher. I paid $22.00 for this book in hardcover and I think it was a good $22.00 spent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitterblue.

05/24/2012 page 320