Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Liars, Inc.

Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes

bookshelves: arc-book-read, kindle-books

Oh the tangles webs we weave when first we try to deceive.

Is it wrong that I actually really liked this book? I mean, considering it is all about lying? I couldn't help it though, I loved the premises and I even liked devious Max.

This is one of those stories that you don't have to connect in anyway to the characters, in order to be invested in the rest of the story and while that would sometimes bother me, it really worked for the theme of the story. After all, in this story, no one is who they seem to be and everyone has a secret.

And even though I knew what was coming for the most part, this was such an engaging read that it didn't even matter. I liked the suspense and the mystery and all the deception. In fact, this book couldn't possibly have a better title than the one it does, it fit perfectly with everything going on.

Once again it was a joy to get a story with a male protagonist. One who was brutally honest in all that he thought, said and did.

I loved that this was very real even though it wasn't real. Doesn't make sense I know but if you read it, it will. I loved the family bond between Max, his mom, and his sister. It just worked so well for this story, especially since the friendship bond just want there. But instead filled with the most lies and deceit of all.

This troy just worked and it worked for no reason at all other than the engaging writing. A non stop plot, and an interesting, almost thrilling mystery.

This was pretty well done and I enjoyed it much more than I expected I would. I look forward to picking up whatever else this author decides to write in the future simply because I know I will have a great time while reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liars, Inc..

July 29, 2014 – Shelved
July 29, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
July 29, 2014 – Shelved as: arc-book-read
July 29, 2014 – Shelved as: kindle-books
December 8, 2014 – Started Reading
December 8, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Aditi (new)

Aditi Nice review :-)

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) Thanks so much, you are always so sweet! <3

Becca I just at finished!!! Wow! I did NOT expect the ending. Maybe some but dang! Awesome book!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) I know what you mean! I loved all the twists in this!

message 7: by Roxanne (new) - added it

Roxanne Great review, this is now on my list!