Marcela (BookaholicCat)'s Reviews > Vengeance of the Demon

Vengeance of the Demon by Diana Rowland

liked it

3.5 Stars

Originally posted at The Bookaholic Cat

Vengeance of the Demon is the seventh book in the Kara Gillian series by Diana Rowland.

Vengeance of the Demon starts couple of days after the events in Fury of the Demon (book sixth). Kara is dealing with the legal aftermath of what happened at the Farouche's Plantation, while trying to stabilize the nodes with the help of Idris and Bryce and the unexpected assistance of Pellini. Kara’s circumstances also change dramatically in this book and she learns some hard truths that make her reconsider everything she thought she knew. New loyalties are formed and other ties are irreparably broken in this installment. The little romance from previous books is absent in Vengeance of the Demon, but there is plenty of heartache to go around.

Many things happened in Vengeance of the Demon, but at the same time nothing really happened. This book was more like a setup for the things that are to come than anything else. It’s also a book that even though it gives us many clues, it leaves us with more questions than answers.

Although not my favorite in the series, Vengeance of the Demon is a book that fans of this series need to read. I don’t recommend reading this book as a stand-alone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vengeance of the Demon.

July 28, 2014 – Shelved
July 28, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
April 4, 2015 – Started Reading
April 4, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Mary Shepherd I finally got a chance to read this. I agree that this book sets things up for the later books. I enjoyed it, as I have all the other books in the Kara Gillian series. Halfway thrught the book it was clear there was more to Carl's story than just boyfriend of Tessa, but my question is - what is his purpose. The reveal about Tessa was the most shocking event in the story. And now we need to know where Szerain, Zack are and what Xharbeck is up to. And what about the Bean? The only thing that seemed a little abrupt was the reveal about Pellini. I liked his role in the story but feel like it should have been hinted at sooner. And Boudreaux seems to not know how he feels about Kara. One day he seems to hate her, the next he's calling her on the phone to check in. All I can say is, I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Marcela (BookaholicCat) Mary wrote: "I finally got a chance to read this. I agree that this book sets things up for the later books. I enjoyed it, as I have all the other books in the Kara Gillian series. Halfway thrught the book it w..."

Me too! Sadly we still have some time until April, when next book will be released.