Cathy Keibler's Reviews > Dark Places

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

We all have dark places in our minds, places we try not to go in the wee, small hours of the night. But, most of us are not the sole survivors of a family massacre perpetuated by our brother. Libby Day's dark places are darker than most, and she has worked hard her entire life to ignore and suppress the events of the day that left her alone in the world. When circumstances conspire to force her to begin to reexamine that day, she finds that long-held convictions may be wrong--both her own convictions, and legal convictions that she played a part in obtaining. With her already rocky world rocking even more wildly, she sets off in pursuit of answers only to find the mysteries deepen at every turn.

If you are a fan of Gone Girl, you will enjoy Flynn's latest novel. Its characters are both attractive and repellent (sometimes all at once) and the mystery keeps you guessing until (almost) the reveal. Its a good read and I recommend it for a rainy day, tucked away in your own dark corner with the world tuned out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Places.

Started Reading