Laura's Reviews > Made for You

Made for You by Melissa Marr

it was ok

Made For You by Melissa Marr has everything from hit & run accidents to romance to a hunt for a killer! But unfortunately it fell apart for me around the 200 page mark.

After Eva Tilling is hit by a car and left for dead, she begins to have death visions. She can see how someone is going to die. One touch to Eva’s skin sets off powerful visions that leave her chilled to the bone. Is this new power just a temporary side effect of the accident or is she going crazy? Or maybe these visions are the only way to find and stop a murderer. Can Eva track the killer before he gets her?

I have to confess right off the bat here, I didn’t like Eva. I tried to, but...*shrugs* Our heroine showed signs of eye rolling behavior from the beginning that I usually let slide on by. Like when she freaked out about gaining weight because of her broken leg while she was still in the hospital. Give me a break! You just got hit by a car. You deserve an Oreo feast! Plus you are STILL in the hospital! After a few weeks of being stuck on your butt, then maybe you can get all “get that junk food away from me!” And that was just one of the small annoyances. I couldn’t ignore these….(view spoiler) But for the most part, I rolled my eyes and kept on moving. Until...

The mystery started to fall apart. The chapter when the big plan was to invite everyone over for a party to test out the touch/vision power was ridiculous. All I kept picturing was Eva going from person to person--Nope, not you. Next! Haha...It just didn’t work for me. It’s a shame too. We get to hear the killer’s voice at times and man-o-man is it chilling! Very creepy to hear his reasons and justification for what he’s doing. *shivers*

My one and only joy was Nate. A mix of sweetness, pain, and mystery. Eva and Nate had some very sweet moments.

There is lots of love around GR for Ms. Marr and this book, so please give it a go if it piques your interest. I’ve wanted to read a Melissa Marr book for awhile now, but this book was obviously not made for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Made for You.

July 28, 2014 – Shelved
July 28, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
August 10, 2015 – Started Reading
August 11, 2015 –
page 90
25.28% "“Then he smiles at me, and I’m grateful that I’m not still hooked up to the heart monitor." :)"
August 12, 2015 –
page 200
56.18% "Being inside a killer’s head is always creepy, but this guy gives me the shivers. Super creepy!"
August 13, 2015 –
page 260
73.03% "This is falling apart on me. So close to the end too. :( I’m off to *pout* in a corner for awhile."
August 14, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

♥Rachel♥ Sorry this didn't end up working for you, Laura. Oh well, on to the next read. Great honest review! :)

Laura ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "Sorry this didn't end up working for you, Laura. Oh well, on to the next read. Great honest review! :)"

Thanks, Rachel. Books usually don’t fall apart on me that late in the game. It had its moments though. But yes, on to the next! :)