Jo-Anne's Reviews > Love, Lies & the D.A.

Love, Lies & the D.A. by Rebecca Rohman

Jul 26, 2014

bookshelves: won, own

It is really hard to sum up this story so you just have to read it to find out. It's a great romantic suspense, so don't miss it! Briefly, it starts with Jada who is a successful hotel chain owner and is getting married in 9 days. That is until she walks in on her fiance and her best friend having sex. She cancels the wedding and heads of to Lake Tahoe for a break where she meets Jonathan Kole. He is quite a jerk when they meet so she thinks of him as Mr. Asshole. He was being a jerk because he wanted to get Jada's attention, which he did, just not the kind of attention he was hoping for. He is the DA of San Francisco which is not important to Jada until her ex-fiance is found dead and she is the prime suspect. Then things get very complicated because Jonathan and Jada could end up on opposite sides of the courtroom, with Jonathan's father hired as her lawyer.

Oh my goodness! I couldn't put this one down for a second. Rebecca mixes action and suspense alongside heartache and love to create a wonderfully complex experience for her audience.

This is such an action packed story with so many twists and turns that I didn't want to put it down. Rebecca has such amazingly detailed descriptions of the settings that you can clearly picture each location. Jada and Jonathan were believably written characters who had very successful lives but also had issues. Jada was insecure even though she started her own very successful business and Johathan was a take charge kind of guy who was also sensitive to Jada's needs and just nice. The supporting cast of characters is also quite remarkable. I appreciate that they never overshadow the main characters without simply becoming placeholders in the novel.

I liked the writing style of the author very much, it’s crisp and enriched. I love the way the story is told in both Jada and Jonathan's POV so we got to find out how both felt. I also loved the epilogue. It wrapped up all the little details of the story in such a way that I didn't have any questions at the end.

I was so glad when I learned that I won this book in a giveaway because I have read other books by Rebecca Rohman and loved them. I will definitely be reading more by this author. I highly recommend this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Lies & the D.A..

July 26, 2014 – Started Reading
July 26, 2014 – Shelved
July 26, 2014 – Shelved as: won
July 30, 2014 – Finished Reading
November 23, 2016 – Shelved as: own

Rebecca Rohman Thank you Jo-Anne

This is an amazing review. I really do appreciate you taking the time to read my book and share your thoughts.

Wishing you only the best :)

Warm regards,