Lorena Miyuki's Reviews > Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.

Quotes Lorena Liked

Benjamin Alire Sáenz
“I hated being volunteered. The problem with my life was that it was someone else's idea.”

Benjamin Alire Sáenz
“And it seemed to me that Dante's face was a map of the world. A world without any darkness.

Wow, a world without darkness. How beautiful was that?”

Benjamin Alire Sáenz
“I wanted to tell them that I'd never had a friend, not ever, not a real one. Until Dante. I wanted to tell them that I never knew that people like Dante existed in the world, people who looked at the stars, and knew the mysteries of water, and knew enough to know that birds belonged to the heavens and weren't meant to be shot down from their graceful flights by mean and stupid boys. I wanted to tell them that he had changed my life and that I would never be the same, not ever. And that somehow it felt like it was Dante who had saved my life and not the other way around. I wanted to tell them that he was the first human being aside from my mother who had ever made me want to talk about the things that scared me. I wanted to tell them so many things and yet I didn't have the words. So I just stupidly repeated myself. "Dante's my friend.”

Benjamin Alire Sáenz
“How could I have ever been ashamed of loving Dante Quintana?”
tags: love