DKristin's Reviews > Razor's Edge

Razor's Edge by Racquel Reck

bookshelves: arc-and-gifted

This book was gifted to me by the author for an honest review. Overall, I give it 3.5 stars. There was a great deal of this story that I really enjoyed and thought was done so well. The main characters Morgan and Shay have really complex back stories and we join them at a time where everything is in turmoil in both of their lives. Not necessarily all bad but they are both in a transitional stage. They have a night of hot fun and then they have some serious decisions to make as they have others to consider and how a relationship between them will effect those closest and most important to them.

I enjoyed the side characters. I hated the villain of the story as I was supposed to as well. The kids were adorable. As time went on some of Shay's actions gritted on me. I can't stand a hypocrite or someone who wants others to cater to their wants and needs but is absolutely oblivious to how their own actions influence what they are experiencing. Or someone because they know what their motives are thinks it makes it okay to hurt others. I just couldn't get over that and it lost some star power because of that. Morgan took a bitch way out to say the least. It's a huge step to go from what he was dealing with to what he picked up to deal with his pain and many would argue not realistic to how that type of thing usually happens. I loved when Bebe chewed Shay out for acting like her shit don't stink and everyone is a possible criminal. I liked Tryst overall but found some parts of his character to be stereotypical at times.

As I stated overall this was a great read, it just had several moments that I couldn't overlook and give it a higher rating because of. As always, I suggest you read it and judge for yourself. I know I can be a bit on the hardass side of the reviewer table so I definitely recommend it if you are in the mood for a gritty read.

photo 27bb9442-2472-49be-81ec-1dceea5a561a.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Razor's Edge.

July 25, 2014 – Started Reading
July 25, 2014 – Shelved
July 25, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
July 25, 2014 – Shelved as: arc-and-gifted
July 26, 2014 –
20.0% "I like it! I like it A LOT!!!!"
July 26, 2014 –
43.0% "Ooooooooo I just want to stab this bastard in the face... repeatedly... after I cut his balls off!!!!!"
July 26, 2014 –
50.0% "This... this part right here... we were cool... but this... \n \n "
July 27, 2014 –
70.0% "I really like this story. I mean obviously, I am up way too late reading... but I fucking hate shit like what is happening now with a passion! Do you hear me? Hypocrites get shanked!!!"
July 27, 2014 – Finished Reading