Kari's Reviews > Painting the Moon

Painting the Moon by Traci Borum

bookshelves: 2014, ipad

I really enjoyed Painting the Moon. It captured my attention from the first page and I didn't put it down until the end. It is such a sweet story about finding home and love and getting a second chance. Noelle gets that when she goes to England to settle her great-aunt's estate. Through the "surprises" that her aunt left her, she is able to work through her feelings on the past and figure out what she wants for her life. I loved the way the village embraced her and accepted her as one of their own.

At the same time it is a bit heart wrenching. Imagine reconnecting with your first love and finding him engaged to another woman. I felt bad for Noelle in her struggle with her feelings for Adam and trying to find a balance to be just his friend. I was rooting for her the whole time and hoped things work would work out in her favor at the end.

I definitely recommend this one. It would make a great beach read or one to cozy up with on a rainy day. Reading it made me want to take a trip to England and visit the countryside! I look forward to reading more from this author!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Painting the Moon.

July 24, 2014 – Shelved