Lisa Niver's Reviews > Youtube Marketing Power: How to Use Video to Find More Prospects, Launch Your Products, and Reach a Massive Audience

Youtube Marketing Power by Jason Miles

bookshelves: business-of-life

I wrote about this great book for an article in Wharton Business Magazine called
Harnessing YouTube Marketing Power

Jason G. Miles’ series of books on social media have changed my strategies. His book Instagram Power assisted me in going from zero to over 1000 followers in three months. I found another of his books, YouTube Marketing Power: How to Use Video to Find More Prospects, Launch Your Products, and Reach a Massive Audience, full of ideas that you can easily take advantage of.

Miles’ advice to tap into YouTube’s massive social network is: “Do something specific, consistent and excellent.”

My experience matches one of his quotes: “Your videos are, in essence, a conversation with your viewers, so be authentic and engage your viewers. Even if you only end up with one subscriber, you may never know the difference you are making in that one individual’s life.”

I like his reminder that videography does not have to be hard work but simply a commitment to “publish more frequently. Have more conversations.”

One of the most common mistakes he sees among business owners is that they undervalue YouTube as “a legitimate platform” and give up because they don’t see immediate results.

“Making online content is a long-term investment and should be treated as such,” Miles writes.

I agree with Miles that there is no “secret sauce,” but the dedication and effort to make great content that people want to share is worth it. Your videos can drive traffic and results for years. I have over 280 videos on my YouTube channel and 230,000 views. I started with a Flip video camera and 10 minutes of instruction from a fifth grader. Taking the first step is always the hardest part of any project.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Youtube Marketing Power.

Started Reading