Brittany S.'s Reviews > Remember

Remember by Eileen Cook

Initial Impressions 2/15/20: It's been a long time since I finished a print copy of a book in one day but I didn't want to put this one down! I got about halfway in the morning and then picked it back up again the afternoon so I could see how it all tied together and how it ended!

I fell in love with Eileen Cook over WITH MALICE and her books have actually been on my TBR since 2012 when I added THE ALMOST TRUTH (but I still don't have a copy of that one...) so when I was looking into what to read to knock some more off my blacklist TBR, I knew this book had to be one to read soon!

There were a few beliefs I had to suspend in order to read the book. The concept was about a company that was able to "soften" painful memories so they weren't as all-consuming or painful, so I had to assume this would work. I also had to let it slide when the main character sneaks in to have the procedure which would like never, ever be possible. Even when you have a minor medical procedure you have to show ID and they check your birthdate 100 times to make sure you're the right person and they're doing the right thing to you, so there's no way she could have just snuck in to have this done under someone else's name and the medical staff would just accept that she was who she was by giving her name.

Anyway! Those things aside, the book was really enjoyable. I liked the story overall and there were a few things that I thought would be predictable and were and a few things that I thought would be predictable and surprised me! I loved Eileen Cook's storytelling ability in WITH MALICE and REMEMBER also had some great pacing, revealing things at the opportune time while still holding enough back to make me want to finish this book in a day and not put it down! I've only read two of her books so I can't really say how her writing has grown from one to the other, and they were also different types of stories even though they both held the elements of a mystery/thrillers, but it does feel like the character development grows (this was the earlier book so I didn't read them chronologically) and it definitely makes me more interested in reading more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remember.

July 23, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read