Ariana's Reviews > An Ember in the Ashes

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

Perfect. In each. And every. Way!

Did you ever feel the need to actually hug a book, to hold it close to your heart?
Did you ever feel that a book was somehow meant for you? Did you ever hear its gentle call?

Because I did..

I love reading with a passion and there are books like AN EMBER IN THE ASHES that are absolutely perfect, so in sync with me, having a rhythm that matches precisely the one of my own heart.

It’s hard to put into words how much this story means to me, how much I love it. No.. I take it back, it’s not just love, I adore this book! From cover to cover, deeply charmed by each word in between, by each drop of ink on its pages.

AN EMBER IN THE ASHES is one of the most complex stories I’ve read lately, plot and character related. Even from the very first chapter it was mind-blowing and exquisitely beautiful and it left me with my heart aching all over – because I want more, I need more. Please tell me there will be more to this story!

Sabaa Tahir does not sound like a debut author at all. Her writing is graceful, she takes the time to connect the characters with the readers, her descriptions are beautiful and the action scenes are powerful and aesthetically pleasing. The story is told from two different points of view and there was a very clear distinction between the voices of both main characters, not to mention that their inputs in the story were necessary – they both had so much to say, so much anguish in their lives, so much to fight for.

The love story is sweet, though it’s not the main focus of the book, it builds up slowly and tastefully, and it shapes the characters, strengthening their goals. But this story is also (or well, more) about loyalty and even deeper kinds of love, along with the actual romance.

All characters are extremely well developed (main and secondary) and even the smallest actions speak volumes through the story. Next to Laia and Elias I was very fond of Helene and Izzi, because they are just as strong. But even the villains are perfectly fleshed out and they leave an imprint on the paths of our leading characters.

I am honoured to share and celebrate my birthday along with this book’s launch!

And I was not kidding about the hugging part, when I received this book I spent half an hour hugging it, petting it and hoping to love it to pieces. My happiness has no boundaries, because I loved it that much and then some more.

Happy midnight reading!

The full review can be found at ReadingAfterMidnight.com

POST-READING THOUGHTS:

So much love!
Right now I can't put into words how much this book means to me, how much I love it.
No.. I take it back, it's not just love, I adore this story!!!
More on this soon...

PRE-READING THOUGHTS:

Sounds lovely.. and it comes out on my birthday, that's so cool! :D .. Now, I wouldn't really mind celebrating in advance with this book.. just saying :p
And they will be making it into a movie too? Hmmm....

____________________________________________

Blog (EN) | Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr | Booklikes | Blog (RO)
____________________________________________

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Ember in the Ashes.

July 23, 2014 – Shelved
February 8, 2015 – Finished Reading
February 9, 2015 – Shelved as: favorites
February 9, 2015 – Shelved as: great-books
March 20, 2015 – Shelved as: by-color-yellow

Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It) You are making me want to read this book! Can't wait for your review!

Ariana I've wanted to read it badly since I first heard about it.
It's really-really good, so I hope that you will love it too when you get to read it :D