Sally's Reviews > Bright Young Things

Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen

Apr 28, 2010

bookshelves: new-york, 1920s, boy-meets-girl, ya, high-society
Read from November 04 to 05, 2011 , read count: 1

Oh my goodness, YES!! I think I like this one even better than The Luxe and I totally ate that series up. I love the setting of this one just that much more - from turn-of-the-century New York, to the glorious roaring 20s.

There's really something addictive about the way Anna Godbersen writes. I just didn't want to put this one down, every chapter ended with me dying to go on! VERY hard to pick a stopping point for the night when alas I had to go to sleep because I was working the next day.

I'm glad that it didn't end on a massive cliff-hanger, since I don't have the second book just yet (though I am so going onto amazon as soon as this is typed up!). I remember the ending of one - or maybe two - of the Luxe books was just EVIL that way! This one ends with the clear idea that there IS more to their story, but it could also be just one book on its own just as easily. Considering the third hasn't even been published yet, I really hope book 2 ends just as nicely!

Letty was my favourite of the three girls by far, I just adored her. Dear little thing! Cordelia I wasn't as keen on. I enjoyed her story a lot, but as a character I didn't love her as much. Astrid I did adore though. And I know this is *me* speaking here, but none of the male characters were all that appealing... not Charlie, not Thom, not... Letty's chap. Although I did like him best of the three. Still, I'm not a boys or romance person - so it's strange that I like Anna Godbersen's books so much I guess! Ah, she just does it all so WELL. And plus there's so much more to her stories than just the romances.

Prohibition, Jazz Age NYC... what a wonderful setting. I want to read more books set then!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bright Young Things.

11/05/2011 page 185