Deanna's Reviews > Something True

Something True by Kieran Scott

Something True focused on True trying to match/pair up a third couple so she could win back the love of her life, Orion, and finally lift the banishment placed upon her (and her mother) and be able to go home. Something True is narrated by three people: True, Orion, and Darla.

The love triangle box was infuriating: no build-up; just stupid drama that could have been avoided if Darla wasn't being selfish (view spoiler) or Orion was being true to himself (pun!). I couldn't find myself caring or empathetic toward any of the characters.

The storyline involving the big bad (aka Artemis, and consequently her twin: Apollo) that has been building up since the first book of the trilogy was lackluster. (view spoiler)

The ending wrapped up far too quickly, the two romance storylines had no build-up at all in this book. There was some nice hinting to help establish the two pairings, but both romance storyline relied heavily on backstory, which did not help sell the romance between the two pairings in the long run. If anything, all the moments shared between the two pairings helped proved that they'd be better off as friends; especially since there was no build up when it came to the romance.

Besides True, Wallace, and Hephaestus, all of the other "main" characters were unlikable. (view spoiler)

I kind of wished that the couples from the first two books had a bigger cameo in the storyline, but I'm glad to see that at least they all were happy with each other. (Seeing them happy together kind of made me wished that the main narrators for this book were the four of them, and not Orion or Darla. Seriously. Orion and Darla were both unlikable narrators.)

Overall, Something True was fast-paced, fluffy, and light read. It was an enjoyable book to read. I would recommend this to anybody who wants to have a quick read (and has read the first two books).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something True.

July 22, 2014 – Shelved