Jaap's Reviews > Piotrs Log 2 - To the End of the World

Piotrs Log 2 - To the End of the World by Piotr386

M 50x66

bookshelves: sea-stories

Episode 2 in a truly original new series about the life on a stolen oil tanker!

The plot: An international crew headed by a Norwegian captain has stolen a large oil-tanker. They make their living from stealing oil from pirates around the world.

In this "episode" they are getting mixed up in a hijacking of a whole tropical Island! The action takes us from Nigeria to the Seychelles and Dubai. A non stop hunt that gets personal.

The story is told by the original voice of Piotr386, a Polish Able seaman that keeps a diary/log from the ship. His writing is not the best, but his energetic voice gives us a really good look into the life onboard the ship.

Sometimes I buy books just because they look good and have a reasonable price. I did this with the first book in this series: Piotrs Log 1. Often I get disappointed, but this one really surprised me. I was very happy to get my hands on episode 2. Again, I was not disappointed! It is a completely original story and an interesting look into the secret world of black-market shipping. The publisher suggests that this is can be a true story. Is it true? I really don't care.
Piotrs Log series is still one of the most exciting reads I have had in a long time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Piotrs Log 2 - To the End of the World.

July 22, 2014 – Shelved