Shauntelle James's Reviews > Hip-Hop High School

Hip-Hop High School by Alan Sitomer

Apr 27, 2010

I was really inspired by how she made her brother proud of her in the end, inspite of their relationship. I see few books about that, I am glad to find a book about that.I have a big brother just like the character in this book and I think the author did a wonderful job of putting her together. All younger sisters should read this book because it really open your eyes to the real life struggles that many of them face. The story line was awsome. I completely argee with the aurthors point of view. When your older sibling does is so well-respected, it is expect that you also be above the average. I thought it was totally inspirational the way she overcame her immoral midset and faced her problems like a woman. I have been there myself a time or too and I know it can be hard. So, once again, this book is a definite recommendation!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hip-Hop High School.

message 1: by Shauntelle (last edited Jan 10, 2011 06:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shauntelle James I like the way the author puts emphasis on the jealousy between Cee-saw and Tee-yah. I can really understand why it was so hard for Theresa to symphathize with Cee-saw. Cee-saw is a real burden. Inspite of Theresa's feeling of resentment for her attitude, she knew Cee-saw is in need and she just could not turn her back to her. Theresa has a concious just similar to that of mine and may times I have choosen not to turn my back on friends, who have done me wrong dearly. All that really mattered in the end was the Theresa maturely and responsiblily handled the situation. Her family and big brother applauded her, and she really derserved it.