Lauren Stoolfire's Reviews > The War of the Sidhe: Dawn Arising

The War of the Sidhe by Annalise Josephine Sullivan

Jul 21, 2014

bookshelves: first-reads, adventure, fantasy, lore-and-legends, young-adult

I won a free copy of this book through the Goodreads First Reads Program.

Fifteen-year-old Lilith Becker is a regular Los Angeles teen. Until, that is, she learns she's a Descendant of The Morrígan of ancient Irish mythology, and is a part of a prophecy that could decide the fate of mankind. She'll have to make a decision between the light and darkness, a decision that will move the war beyond humans.

If you enjoy Rick Riordan's The Lightning Thief, or perhaps even Hounded by Kevin Hearne, you will love this action-packed YA fantasy novel. Annalise Josephine Sullivan works Celtic mythology into this wonderful series opener to great effect.

I loved meeting our cast, especially considering how the author would depict the Tuatha Dé Danann in relation to Lilith. She did a pretty fantastic job, and Lilith herself is also well-drawn. I am looking forward to seeing more of the Sidhe world, and even other pantheons.

The only reason I'm giving this four stars is because I caught quite a few typos sprinkled throughout the novel, pulling me out of the story. Nonetheless, The War of the Sidhe: Dawn Arising comes highly recommended from me. I cannot wait to see where the rest of this series goes with In the Light of Day and As the Sunlight Dies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The War of the Sidhe.

July 21, 2014 – Shelved