Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️'s Reviews > Stripped Away

Stripped Away by Ellis Carrington

DNF at 50%

Well, I tried. Let me tell you what I look for in a good MM novel and where I guess this fell short.

1). I need emotion. A bit of angsty tug of war with emotions or storyline.

2). If I don't get the decent emotion described above, I can usually get past it if I get strong MCs with FUCKHOT chemistry. But I need one or the other, preferably both.

In this book, I didn't get either of those necessities.

I didn't love either MC. The main character, David, reminded me of a dorky guy, the kind that forever lives with mom and dad and hangs in front of a computer in their basement for life. The second MC calls him Church boy...not helpful. He IS the son of a pastor, by the way. The second MC, Ricky, is frequently being described as smelling like sweat so from the get-go I think of a big dude, cowboy hat, bad teeth and B.O. Their dialogue drove me batshit. Church boy refers to his parents as Mama and Daddy. Grow up. There's slang constantly but not the hot slang we hear from alphas, more Hicksville USA slang I picture them saying with a piece of straw hanging out their mouth in the back of David's rusty pick up.

So, my visuals blew it. The story didn't really capture me. This was an arc but several sentences I had to read a couple times and still didn't figure out what she meant.

On to the next book...

Advanced reader's copy received by author via NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stripped Away.

July 21, 2014 – Shelved
July 23, 2014 – Started Reading
July 24, 2014 –
26.0% "Dialogue killing me. Men saying "Momma." "Daddy." Hicksville! Not hot... Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos"
July 25, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ OMG.........so glad you took one for the team. Great honest review, Allison. I will definitely PASS. xo

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ Shannie⭐️this Whore Loves BIG C##KS⭐️ wrote: "OMG.........so glad you took one for the team. Great honest review, Allison. I will definitely PASS. xo"

Yah. I can't think of any friends that'll like it. The dialogue was a turnoff. Hope you're having a good weekend.