Fede's Reviews > Wedding Chronicles

Wedding Chronicles by Bob N. Boguslavski

it was ok
bookshelves: giveaways-books

I won this book through a giveaway here on GoodReads.

I really wanted to like this book, not only because it seemed interesting, but also because the author spent so much time and efforts to trace it, since it seemed lost, and I really wanted to reward him with a good review.
Unfortunately, I cannot do so. I really tried to enjoy it, but I was not able to understand his purpose in all this. The characters were boring and, honestly, sometimes I even felt disgusted by them. Even though he travelled all around the world and he dealt with many different kind of people, I could feel sometimes prejudices and bigotry, not to talk about the machismo. I think this is a book that only Canadian or American people could read, because they are the only ones that could properly understand it. The main character says the he is not ready to get married, but I think that he is just one of those forever irresolute people, unable to make decisions.
I decided to give it 2 stars because the descriptions of the different lifestyles around the world are very interesting.

The writing style is well-built, but in some parts the author uses so much slang that it is almost impossible to understand him for a non native English speaker like me. However, I will not blame him for this, because I am sure that it was due to my partial knowledge of the language.

I am sorry to write a review like this, but this is not a book I would recommend since it communicate me nothing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wedding Chronicles.

July 21, 2014 – Shelved
July 21, 2014 – Shelved as: giveaways-books
July 21, 2014 –
0.0% "Wow, I have won another giveaway! What's going on? I have never been so lucky!"
July 23, 2014 –
December 12, 2014 –
page 129
December 13, 2014 –
page 155
34.75% "Credo di non sopportarlo più."
December 14, 2014 –