Cindy's Reviews > Deadly Betrayal

Deadly Betrayal by Kristine Cayne

4512039

Forbidden love in war torn Afghanistan is the backdrop for this suspenseful story that shows us the Afgan barbaric traditions against women and children.

Two years ago Azita Seraj, an Afgan doctor, saved Delta Force operator Kaden Christiansen’s life after they were betrayed on a mission. Neither has forgotten the other but their lives were on two different continents. Now two years later, her dead husband brother gives her 11 year old niece to a warlord. Azita is appalled at this old tradition and eventually asks Kaden to help her in getting her back and he waste no time in agreeing.

What I would consider the core of this series is a group of men that have forged a bond so strong that any of them would give their life for the other. Kaden now works for a private security business along with a fellow teammate and POW Jake and a movie star (Nic Lamoureux from the first book) in Canada.

From here the majority of the book takes place in Afghanistan and we get a up close look at how life is lived and all the dangers to not only the people that live there but also to the Westerners (Americans). Azita and Kaden go on a harrowing journey to save her niece all while trying to fight the attraction they feel for each other because acting on that could get Azita killed with the traditions of the Afgan ways. As the story went along and things got direr for Azita and Kaden I wondered how the author was going to be able to pull off happy ending. This kept me turning the pages and before that came there were some heartbreaking moments but in the end I loved the conclusion to the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Betrayal.

July 20, 2014 – Started Reading
July 20, 2014 – Shelved
July 21, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Mei (new) - added it

Mei Great review, Cindy!
I love this series because the raw emotions are explored and the also raw way of life and reactions to it too!