Camille Lecointre's Reviews > SLAM

SLAM by Tash McAdam

bookshelves: devoured

If you're into telekinetics, action-packed sci-fi, fast-paced writing and clear-cut relatable characters, then there's no way you can miss this book.

This is the author's first published novella, and if it's any indication to what she can produce in the long run, then she's off on a brilliant career as a famous science-fiction writer.

The style is quick, almost panting at times as we rush through the combat and action scenes, and it takes short breathers every once in a while to show the reader a new society, in which the Institute lays hands on all the "gifted" youngsters it can find in order to brainwash them into service. In this world, our hero fights to free her brother from the aforementioned organisation.

The book is written in the present tense, which grabs the reader from the first sentence and doesn't let go. You're embarking on a ride that is just the right length and that will present you with everything you need to know to follow on with the Psionics series, and the author will be with you every step of the way with her smooth style and snips of humour here and there.

All in all, it was a very pleasant read and I can't wait to get my hands on the Psionics series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read SLAM.

July 19, 2014 – Shelved