Ashley Lauren's Reviews > Paper Towns

Paper Towns by John Green

bookshelves: ya-books

John Green is some kind of word magician. Or plot sorcerer. Or character wizard. I don't know what exactly, but the point is that Green is filled with glitter and rainbows and confetti magic.

I devoured this book in less than a day. When I closed the final page I just gave one nod and said, "Nailed it." Green knows exactly what he is doing in all his stories.

When a book is truly 5 stars I don't feel like my reviews are needed. What's there to say? Go read this book is pretty much sufficient. But, still, I suppose I can relay a little of what makes this beautiful.

I have never seen a better trio of boy friends. Q, Radar, and Ben are fantastic. Green's dialogue is perfect. You can see each person, you can understand who they are, and, even better, you can understand why the three of them are friends. That's a lot to know about people who aren't the main stars in a relatively short book.

Then, of course, there's Margo. Probably the only thing that is a stretch is the relationship between her and Q - it's too stale in their history for it to start being friendly again now, but I'll take it. Regardless, I love all the different ways we see her and the influence she can have on people.

There's life lessons galore but there's so much to giggle at as well. Such a wonderful book.

Read more of my reviews at The Roaming Reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Towns.

July 19, 2014 – Started Reading
July 19, 2014 – Shelved
July 19, 2014 – Shelved as: ya-books
July 19, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Liza Awesone review! I loved it too!