AnnMarie 's Reviews > How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You

How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You by T.M. Franklin

I completely loved this story!

Adorable, engaging, realistic, heartwarming. There was not one thing that happened that I didn't love. And that is a rarity for me, I am not a fan of YA. I am just to old to get on board with teenage angst, over the top drama, situations beyond youth reality, and the dreaded "misunderstanding" story line. I always find myself thinking, in what reality do theses things happen. Certainly not mine.

How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You was a story of teenagers I could relate too. The antics, situations, loves, frustrations, and hurt were realistic. The friends, family, interactions and behaviors, this was high school that I remembered. Just day to day hopes, dreams, failures, and loves.

The secondary charters were a huge wow for me too! I love when they are written with as much love and care as the main characters. Nothing drives and supports a story like well written secondary characters.

So what's the story and why am I raving like this?

Oliver is a 17 yr old geeky boy who has been in love with Ainsley forever. They've known each other from grade school and have some interaction, but are not really friends. But to Oliver, Aisnley is the epitome of perfection and he has decided he going to get her to fall in love with him.

And how does Oliver go about that? With his "How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You" list.

You see, Oliver is a very methodical type of kid. Everything he does he does with a list so he can check off items all the while seeing his goal closer and closer with every check off.

I loved Oliver. Quirky, super smart, kind, a good friend. Everyone knew an Oliver in HS.

Then we have Viney, Oliver's best friend and cohort in the lists and life in general. Viney is a great secondary character and plays off of Oliver spectacularly! Their banter is hysterical as is their friendship. It just makes sense.

There is Ainsley. She's pretty, popular, a nice person, but not written in a way where she is ridiculously unattainable. Kudos to T.M. Franklin for writing another believable character and not the typified cheerleader type out of everyone grasp.

I could go on forever about all the characters. They were all superbly written and not a single one of them perfect. Very flesh and blood real with quirks, issues, and problems. But nothing overtly over the top to drag the story under with. Everyone blended so well making the story just so believable.

The story line too. Though simplistic, there is a ton of humor, a lot silly antics, and a good dose of angst and tears.

L O V E D I T !!!

Such a good story! Amazing flow, characters that were completely engaging, a simple story line that carried chapter after chapter with no lull or hiccups.

T.M. Franklin's writing is magical. I was completely carried away and felt like I was there in the story watching everything unfold. Amazing color and texture with every word! Just good honest to goodness story telling!

I am still bubbling over the excitement the story made me feel.

How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You is why I love to read and why it is one of my 2014 favorite reads.

lovedthese

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You.

July 18, 2014 – Shelved
July 18, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
July 18, 2014 – Shelved as: arc-reviews
July 18, 2014 – Shelved as: writers-i-love
July 24, 2014 – Started Reading
July 24, 2014 –
0.0% "Need a sweet feel good story after the last hurt my heart wowzer. I am told this is the one to sooth me :)"
July 25, 2014 –
12.0% "I am already head over heels with Oliver and Viney! How can you not love these two!!"
July 27, 2014 –
55.0% "I am feeling the hope!!!!"
July 27, 2014 –
73.0% "OMG!! All the tears. *holds oliver close*"
July 27, 2014 – Shelved as: best-read-2014-pick