Steph Sinclair's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
4642710
Introducing an even more abusive and disturbing TWILIGHT! Now with whips and chains!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Fifty Shades of Shit


Haters, please exit stage left.

I'm not sure what possessed me to pick up Fifty Shades of Grey. I thought I might genuinely like it before I started, but all I was left with was one hell of a mindfuck. Whatever it was that brought on this knee jerk purchase seems to have mercifully left me with enough common sense to say I will not be continuing on with this series.

Recently I discovered one of my favorite publishers, Random House, has picked up Fifty Shades of Grey and made this statement:
"An orig­i­nal work, and said to us that James had war­ranted the books were, indeed orig­i­nal. Mes­sitte added she was “aware of the nar­ra­tive that [50 SHADES] started as dif­fer­ently titled piece of fic­tion, but that they were and are two dis­tinctly sep­a­rate pieces of work."

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call bull shit on that. Fifty Shades of Grey and Master of the Universe (the original fan fic) are essentially the same thing. The biggest difference being Edward and Bella's name being replaced with Christian and Anastasia respectively. And I would know this because I have both and while I was reading, I would occasionally switch back and forth between the two without difficulty. I'd go through and give you examples myself, but other people have done it already here and here. So if you must read this book, do yourself a solid and find the fan fic online. You even get the second book too!

I know some people claim this has no similarities to Twilight and got dammit, I'm allergic to all the bull shit. Do I really need to point this all out? Because it looks pretty obvious to me. The mannerisms of the characters are exactly the same. They even say similar things the original characters say. The whole "dazzle" line and Edward asking Bella to trust him. Her mother being remarried with the same inability to maneuver her way around a kitchen. Bella is still trying to save Edward from himself due to his troubled past. Edward still stalks and controls Bella, only now he gets to hit her when she gets out of line.


*facepalm* Shall I beat them both? Yes?

I struggled to come up with a proper review for this book and couldn't figure out why I was feeling rather uninspired to write one. And then I figured it out. I was left so disgusted by this book that I wanted to purge the memory of its existence from my mind. With a rusty nail. Every time I thought of the book my brain cells would go on strike, yelling obscenities at me.  Anyway, I thought Bella and Edward's relationship couldn't get anymore fucked up than Twilight. I stand corrected. If I were to describe FSoG in one sentence it would be this: Fifty Shades of Grey is like Twilight on steroids, high on ecstasy, in a dirty little corner. A very dirty corner. With badly written sex. Lots.

Sexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsex....oh......sexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsex...

Fifty Shades of Grey tells the story of the beautiful (but of course she doesn't know it), naive virgin, Anastasia Steal after she is suckered into interviewing the Greek god, Christian Grey. Of course, sparks fly and for some unknown reason he can't seem to stay away from this incredibly, unremarkable girl.  Ana discovers Christian is into BDSM and desires her as his submissive fuck buddy.

There are a myriad of problems with this novel, many of which ironically can be found in Twilight. Never saw that one coming! Christian/Edward is still a controlling bastard, only now he hides behind his BDSM practices to camouflage his abusive tendencies. However, Ana doesn't see it that way. She thinks of him as a broken person and it's her duty to fix him. Even when he says things like this:
"I want to hurt you. But not beyond anything you couldn't take."

Can you believe she let's him beat her after that? And please don't even bother to tell me that it's just BDSM. No, just fucking no. Ana is genuinely afraid of Christian and is never entirely comfortable with the "punishment" aspect of their relationship. But Christian just manipulates her with sex to continue the relationship. And that's what really gets me. I just have a hard time believing a virgin would somehow become a sex goddess overnight, because that is exactly what happens. When she first is introduced to his kinky lifestyle and tells him she is a virgin he immediately tells her he needs to handle that "situation" before they could continue. What?! Since when is your virginity a "situation?" But, that's not really the kicker. Oh, no, because that is when we are introduced to Ana's two best friends. Everyone say hi to:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Sexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsex....oh......sexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsex...

Anna's inner goddess, who always cheers her on when Christian wants sex or wants to punish her. She's also quite annoying, doing back flips at the mention of anything sexual related. Simmer down. Where did she come from exactly? Ana is in her twenties and has never felt the urge to have sex with anyone until Christian comes along with his whips and chains?!

And... Ana's sub-conscious, who hides behind couches when it comes time for her beating. When it comes to Ana having sex with Christian, well, her sub-conscious only has one thing to say,

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

So after the "situation" is handled, Ana has to sign a "contract" agreeing to his sexual demands and also outlining things she won't do. It was pretty pointless considering he still got what he wanted and she never signed the damn thing. He exploits her, stalks her and abuses her! She cries after sex. She is afraid of him being angry! Even when he is angry at something else, she thinks it's her. Her reasoning for allowing him to hit her as his therapy is because she's afraid to lose him. That is not a reason for agreeing to a BDSM lifestyle! In fact, that's not even really "consent!" These quotes just scream domestic abuse to me:
"Please don't be angry with me," I whisper.

"Please don't hit me," I whisper, pleading.
His brow furrows, his eyes widening. He blinks twice.
"I don't want you to spank me. Not here. Not now. Please don't."

Yeah, he's a real catch, that one. Barf. No, excuse me. That's not right. The barfing came when the little ass-wipe PULLED HER TAMPON OUT AND RAMMED HIMSELF INSIDE OF HER. OMFG. Yes, the caps were totally necessary because that was the most disgusting thing I have ever had the misfortune of reading. That is not sexy, that's foul.

Whenever Ana thinks about leaving him, he comes over to her apartment unannounced pounds into her (literally) and her inner goddess does a fucking happy dance, forgetting her urge to kick his sick ass to the curb. They fight, they breakup. They kiss, they sex up.

Sexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsex....oh......sexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsex...

Christian: "Do you still want me gone Ana?"

Inner goddess: *growl*

Sub-conscious: ...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Dance, puppet. Dance.

The writing is a shitty mess too. I mean, if I had to sit and read Ana saying "Holy, shit!" or "Holy, Fuck!" or "Oh, my!" one more time, I was going to lose it. I wanted to take my red pen and have at this "book" so badly. It was the little things like Ana's roommate saying over and over, "You never cry Ana," and what do we find Ana always doing? Crying. I'm not sure where the hell the plot was. *smacks forehead* How silly of me! Didn't I mention this was a Twilight retelling? Why was I expecting a plot? And another example of poor writing: for these characters to be American, they sounded very British to me. They used phrases that Americans don't use.

And now I'm trying to figure out why this book is so popular. Why do so many women love this book? I get the appeal of the bondage even though it's not my usual cup of tea. Whips? Chains? Sounds exciting!

Sexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsex....oh......sexsexsexsexsexsexsexsexsex...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Abuse? Not so much.

Fuck my life! Zero stars!

Eh, I'm off to read a good book now and possibly to bleach my brain.

More reviews at Cuddlebuggery Book Blog.
3160 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades of Grey.
Sign In »

Quotes Steph Liked

E.L. James
“- "Why don't you like to be touched?"
- "Because I'm fifty shades of fucked-up, Anastasia”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey


Reading Progress

October 18, 2011 – Shelved
October 18, 2011 – Shelved as: adult
March 11, 2012 – Shelved as: indies-are-rockstars
March 14, 2012 – Started Reading
March 14, 2012 –
14.0% "Who brushes their teeth with someone else's tooth brush and calls it "a thrill?" This is dumb. So dumb."
March 14, 2012 –
18.0% "What is the appropriate response to finding out a potential lover is a complete freaky sadist or masochist? I don't know. Maybe... Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos"
March 14, 2012 –
30.0% "This book has no plot. What is the point? Sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, annnnnnndddd seeeeeeexxxxxx!"
March 15, 2012 –
50.0% "So she fears him. Do NOT like."
March 15, 2012 –
55.0% "Okay, this relationship is borderline abuse. She's afraid of him hitting her and cries after sex. She's does not want him to hit her, but agrees because SHE IS AFRAID HE WILL DUMP HER. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos"
March 16, 2012 –
77.0% "Is it just me, or does Ana never wear her own clothes?"
March 17, 2012 –
80.0% "WTH! Ana goes to Georgia to visit her mom and Christian has followed her. To another state. Creeper! Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos"
March 17, 2012 –
83.0% "Omg, did her really just do that?! The tampon!! What motherfuckery is this?! What has been read, cannot be unread. O.O Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos"
March 18, 2012 –
97.0% ""I want to hurt you. But not beyond anything you couldn't take." Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos"
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012-reads
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: ahhhhh-my-eyes
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: all-the-wrong-choices
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: can-t-believe-i-finished
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: creepy-lover
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: didn-t-care-for-it
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: ebook
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: fell-for-the-hype
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: hated-it-with-a-firey-passion
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: heroines-i-want-to-shake
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: i-blame-twilight
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: kill-me-now
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: kill-it-with-fire
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: le-sigh
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: lots-of-fail-going-on-here
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: made-me-angry
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: no-just-no
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: not-for-me
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: ranty-review
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: rubbish
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: where-s-my-chocolate
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: why-the-hype
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: why-why-why-did-i-read-it
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: youve-got-to-be-kidding-me
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: bite-me-whip-me-chain-me
March 18, 2012 – Shelved as: abusive-boyfriends
March 18, 2012 – Finished Reading
March 24, 2012 – Shelved as: no-stars-for-you

Comments (showing 917-966)





message 966: by Cyndy (new) - rated it 1 star

Cyndy Aleo Secretary is NOTHING like FSoG. It was consensual and at no point do I remember Spader's character claiming he was "into" BDSM because of an abusive mother.

The misconception that will be furthered by this POS is that BDSM is an aberration caused by something bad instead of just a kink. Some things get different people off and they don't need a Dr. Phil episode to fix.


Joy (Cheery♡Reads) Cyndy wrote: "Secretary is NOTHING like FSoG. It was consensual and at no point do I remember Spader's character claiming he was "into" BDSM because of an abusive mother.

The misconception that will be further..."


THANK YOU!! I told her that as well and she agreed with me that this isn't BDSM. It is an abused relationship.


message 964: by rameau (new) - added it

rameau Yesterday I read a review saying this book is a good introduction to BDSM, and I'm at loss what to tell her. My introduction was through (similarly) bad (Twilight) fic and I don't actually go out looking for BDSM centric books, so I don't have any better examples to give her. Help?


message 963: by Deniece (new) - rated it 1 star

Deniece Merary wrote: "The G-Spot Games: In a world where North America is now a sex-hungry habitat, Katniss took her little sister's place to protect her virginity. Even if it meant risking hers. Now, Katniss has to dea..."
LMAO


message 962: by Cyndy (new) - rated it 1 star

Cyndy Aleo rameau wrote: "Yesterday I read a review saying this book is a good introduction to BDSM, and I'm at loss what to tell her. My introduction was through (similarly) bad (Twilight) fic and I don't actually go out l..."

I'd recommend anything by Tiffany Reisz. She had a freebie out not that long ago called Little Red Riding Crop I loved. :)


message 961: by Deniece (new) - rated it 1 star

Deniece YAL Book Briefs wrote: "Seriously People needs to stop with the daily reports on this book, now seriously am thinking of going back to Perez Hilton to get my daily dosage of celeb gossip since all these Fifty Shades of Gr..."


I couldn't agree more.


message 960: by rameau (new) - added it

rameau Cyndy wrote: "I'd recommend anything by Tiffany Reisz. She had a freebie out not that long ago called Little Red Riding Crop I loved. :) "

Why don't you pop over Freebird's review and tell her that? Please. Coming from me it would be disingenuous.


Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) rameau wrote: "Yesterday I read a review saying this book is a good introduction to BDSM, and I'm at loss what to tell her. My introduction was through (similarly) bad (Twilight) fic and I don't actually go out l..."

You're lucky I like you. I saw some tweets from HEAUSAToday awhile ago, the tweet was hilarious but I didn't click the link because really I went through three years of law school without an ulcer, but I think I'm getting one now. Anyway, I went back to find it (and I saw some things, hold me).

Tweet (because it's funny: https://twitter.com/#!/HEAusatoday/st...

The article: http://books.usatoday.com/happyeveraf...
Which I wish I did read earlier because, dammit, yes! Also, the "hero" of Fifty Shades of Grey does something at the end that is not redeemable by romance novel standards. I won't spoil the story for the three people who haven't read it yet, but bottom line: Not a romance novel, not a romance hero. And that's not because of his BDSM tendencies -- you'll see why if you keep reading. THANK YOU. BRB, BUYING ELLORA'S CAVE BOOKS.

And another page where they make more recs (erotica and BDSM): http://books.usatoday.com/happyeveraf...

Now if only they'd stop legitimizing this crap fic.


message 958: by rameau (new) - added it

rameau I feel loved. Thank you, Alicia. (And those articles are so very good.)


message 957: by Cyndy (new) - rated it 1 star

Cyndy Aleo I commented, rameau, but now I'm riled. If you haven't read any BDSM erotica, don't plan on reading any more, and know nothing about the genre in general, HOW CAN YOU SAY IT'S A GOOD PLACE TO START?

Photobucket


message 956: by rameau (new) - added it

rameau Cyndy wrote: "I commented, rameau, but now I'm riled. If you haven't read any BDSM erotica, don't plan on reading any more, and know nothing about the genre in general, HOW CAN YOU SAY IT'S A GOOD PLACE TO START?"

I don't know, I don't know.


Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) rameau wrote: "I feel loved. Thank you, Alicia. (And those articles are so very good.)"

You should. And they are. ;)

Cyndy wrote: "I commented, rameau, but now I'm riled. If you haven't read any BDSM erotica, don't plan on reading any more, and know nothing about the genre in general, HOW CAN YOU SAY IT'S A GOOD PLACE TO START..."

Yeah, I was wondering that, too...


message 954: by T (new) - rated it 2 stars

T Ha! The best review I've ever had the pleasure of stumbling across. If only I had read it before reading this book months ago! Gag me.

Did you see how they were pimping it out on Yahoo!? Apparently some women in NY are spending up to $999 for a copy!


message 953: by Steph (new) - rated it 1 star

Steph Sinclair Tatiyana wrote: "Ha! The best review I've ever had the pleasure of stumbling across. If only I had read it before reading this book months ago! Gag me.

Did you see how they were pimping it out on Yahoo!? Apparentl..."


Thanks!

And whaaaaaa? $999?! What for? The fan-fic is FREE.

Mind. Blown.


message 952: by T (new) - rated it 2 stars

T Because it's "spicing up" the marriages of those who have been together for years and years. I call it shameless advertising, but to each his own. *shrugs shoulders*


message 951: by Kath S (new) - rated it 1 star

Kath S LOL. OMG
I really enjoyed your review!
Awesome :)


Nasty Lady MJ Guess what People decided to post yet another article about 50. Yet, I found this one relatively amusing: http://www.people.com/people/quiz/0,,...


message 949: by Merary (new) - rated it 1 star

Merary YAL Book Briefs wrote: "Guess what People decided to post yet another article about 50. Yet, I found this one relatively amusing: http://www.people.com/people/quiz/0,,..."

What the . . .?


message 948: by Steph (new) - rated it 1 star

Steph Sinclair YAL Book Briefs wrote: "Guess what People decided to post yet another article about 50. Yet, I found this one relatively amusing: http://www.people.com/people/quiz/0,,..."

O_o


message 947: by Nancy (new) - rated it 1 star

Nancy Stanlick I read all three books, because I wanted to know what happened to Christian, but she never really answered that in detail. The sex scenes were boring after awhile, I started to go through them. I really don't see what all the hype was about, I don't think the books are well written either, they kind of remind me of those romance novels with the handsome guy and beautiful girl with her breast hanging out on the cover. So over rated.


message 946: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 04, 2012 11:32PM) (new)

Cyndy wrote: "Secretary is NOTHING like FSoG. It was consensual and at no point do I remember Spader's character claiming he was "into" BDSM because of an abusive mother.

The misconception that will be further..."


If I could like comments, this one would see that button pressed compulsively. That's exactly what everyone should say to clueless people asking whether they should read this book. Right after NO!, of course.


YAL Book Briefs wrote: "Guess what People decided to post yet another article about 50. Yet, I found this one relatively amusing: http://www.people.com/people/quiz/0,,..."

Lol, I wont even try. I might hurt something inside laughing.


message 945: by Brenda (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda Haters..please...there is a long line here...bunch of sheeple opinions not a book review...carry on and build your flock


message 944: by [deleted user] (new)

Awww look! A troll! There is a review up there. But I doubt you read it. Your reading comprehension seems to be questionable.


message 943: by AnnMarie (new)

AnnMarie Please don't so this here. I love Stephanie's reviews and follow her. I don't want to see things like this attached to reviews. Leave the shenanigans at twitters door or move it to a group.


message 942: by Steph (new) - rated it 1 star

Steph Sinclair Brenda wrote: "Haters..please...there is a long line here...bunch of sheeple opinions not a book review...carry on and build your flock"

*snort*

Oh, aren't you just precious? Look, I'll make this simple. Call it an opinion or a review. It doesn't matter, it's still my review space. If you love this book and think its the best thing since sliced bread. Great. Come to defend the book because the tampon scene changed your life for the better? Awesome.
But please do not make this thread turn ugly or I'll be forced to put on my "Boss Lady" cap.


Anachronist Brenda wrote: "Haters..please...there is a long line here...bunch of sheeple opinions not a book review...carry on and build your flock"

Lalalala not hearing you at all, my ugly stupid troll...


Sandra Why is it that the supporters of this pile of horse manure continue to immediately label the people that don't feel like fapping over this 'book' "haters"?

We're not the ones trolling the 5-star reviews, yet we're the haters? *smh*


message 939: by Blythe (last edited Apr 05, 2012 01:31PM) (new) - added it

Blythe Stephanie wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Haters..please...there is a long line here...bunch of sheeple opinions not a book review...carry on and build your flock"

*snort*

Oh, aren't you just precious? Look, I'll make this..."


These are the moments where I wish Goodreads had a like button. Well, for comments...


Anachronist Sandra wrote: "Why is it that the supporters of this pile of horse manure continue to immediately label the people that don't feel like fapping over this 'book' "haters"?

We're not the ones trolling the 5-star ..."


You see, it is easy to tag somebody and call them a bad name. It is far more difficult to find proper arguments. That's why.


message 937: by AnnMarie (new)

AnnMarie Sandra wrote: "Why is it that the supporters of this pile of horse manure continue to immediately label the people that don't feel like fapping over this 'book' "haters"?

We're not the ones trolling the 5-star ..."


Well said Sandra. Whether you like a review or not, comment about it and keep it moving. You aren't going to always like a review especially when it pans a book you love. Post your own review, comment you didn't agree and why. But please, none of this hater trolling shenanigans. We have twitter for that :) This is Goodreads for goodness sake!

Beside, I would hate to have to stop following reviews I enjoy, whether I agree or not, because of others.

Sorry Stephanie, off my soap box now...


message 936: by Steph (new) - rated it 1 star

Steph Sinclair But please, none of this hater trolling shenanigans. We have twitter for that :) This is Goodreads for goodness sake!

WIN.


Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) Brenda wrote: "Haters..please...there is a long line here...bunch of sheeple opinions not a book review...carry on and build your flock"

...no. *looks at your rating* Just, no.

Sandra, I don't even know why they think the term "hater" is pejorative in these cases. Especially since she didn't elaborate as to what makes us "haters."

I hate the writing, if you can call it that.
I hate the characters. Hated them as Bella and Edward in Twilight – they still are.
I hate the story, if you can call it that.
I hate the depiction of BDSM and those in the lifestyle.
I hate this is considered romance, if you can call it that. I don't.
I hate the use of childhood trauma to make someone "hot."
I hate the unfettered abuse.
I hate that more people don't care this was fan fiction.
I hate that more people don't care that these are stolen characters and plot lines.
I hate that people don't care it reads like it was written by a semi-literate sixth grader.
I hate that this woman is making money off of being a liar and a thief.
I hate that the publishing industry is so fucked that they would prop up something this horrendous and unethical for a quick buck.
I hate that the reading public is so fucked this is a "best seller" even though it's not worth the crap stuck between the treads of my shoes.

What exactly makes me a "hater"? Any of those? All of those? Because I can list more. If that's the case I wear the term proudly. I have standards, ethics, and morals. I don't give a damn who knows it.


message 934: by Nancy (new) - rated it 1 star

Nancy Stanlick Alicia wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Haters..please...there is a long line here...bunch of sheeple opinions not a book review...carry on and build your flock"

...no. *looks at your rating* Just, no.

Sandra, I don't ev..."

I agree with everything you have said!! Those books are crap!


message 933: by Steph (new) - rated it 1 star

Steph Sinclair Alicia wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Haters..please...there is a long line here...bunch of sheeple opinions not a book review...carry on and build your flock"

...no. *looks at your rating* Just, no.

Sandra, I don't ev..."


You just keep getting awesome.


message 931: by [deleted user] (new)

Alicia wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Haters..please...there is a long line here...bunch of sheeple opinions not a book review...carry on and build your flock"

...no. *looks at your rating* Just, no.

Sandra, I don't ev..."


Amazing. I couldn't agree with you more or have said it better.


Anachronist I hate the writing, if you can call it that.
I hate the characters. Hated them as Bella and Edward in Twilight – they still are.
I hate the story, if you can call it that.
I hate the depiction of BDSM and those in the lifestyle.
I hate this is considered romance, if you can call it that. I don't.
I hate the use of childhood trauma to make someone "hot."
I hate the unfettered abuse.
I hate that more people don't care this was fan fiction.
I hate that more people don't care that these are stolen characters and plot lines.
I hate that people don't care it reads like it was written by a semi-literate sixth grader.
I hate that this woman is making money off of being a liar and a thief.
I hate that the publishing industry is so fucked that they would prop up something this horrendous and unethical for a quick buck.
I hate that the reading public is so fucked this is a "best seller" even though it's not worth the crap stuck between the treads of my shoes.

What exactly makes me a "hater"? Any of those? All of those? Because I can list more. If that's the case I wear the term proudly. I have standards, ethics, and morals. I don't give a damn who knows it.


You made my day. THANKS.


message 929: by Mimi (new) - added it

Mimi Oh, God. Your review literally had me laughing like a mental. I believe you, but I'll give this book a try just for the sake of exploring genres. I can be masochistic sometimes.


Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) @Kara and Anachronist: Haha, I'm glad. Sigh. I really wish more people felt that way.

@Mimi: Don't buy it. Download the original version, it's not like it changed much.


message 927: by Steph (new) - rated it 1 star

Steph Sinclair Mimi wrote: "Oh, God. Your review literally had me laughing like a mental. I believe you, but I'll give this book a try just for the sake of exploring genres. I can be masochistic sometimes."

Thanks. :)
I agree with what Alicia said. I would find the Fan-Fic. You know what? I'll just post the link here: http://thelitoftwi.com/documents/MofU...

It's the same story.


message 926: by [deleted user] (new)

Stef, you have balls. Amazing. I <3 you.


message 925: by Steph (new) - rated it 1 star

Steph Sinclair Kara wrote: "Stef, you have balls. Amazing. I <3 you."

It was at the bottom of Katiebabs' review. :) And I love you back!


message 924: by Mimi (last edited Apr 06, 2012 08:22PM) (new) - added it

Mimi Oh, no. Definitely not wasting a cent just for this one. Thank you! :)

P.S.
I'm a fan of Clare's the Mortal Instruments. I haven't heard of her plagiarism issue (which was quite shameful, yes) until I read the third book. The series didn't remind of Harry Potter AT ALL though, and I doubt she can do any plagiarism now that she's an established author. I abhor Hush, Hush but this quote works: People change, but the past doesn't. :D


message 923: by [deleted user] (new)

Your link isn't working, by the way. I clicked it to see the website and it went to an error page.


message 922: by Steph (new) - rated it 1 star

Steph Sinclair Kara wrote: "Your link isn't working, by the way. I clicked it to see the website and it went to an error page."

Wow, they must have had to take it down! Interesting.


message 921: by [deleted user] (new)

I have other links. I have the fan fiction saved to my hard drive. So yeah. Just throwing that out there.


message 920: by Steph (new) - rated it 1 star

Steph Sinclair Kara wrote: "I have other links. I have the fan fiction saved to my hard drive. So yeah. Just throwing that out there."

Lol, I have it too. *whistles*

Ask and you shall receive.


message 919: by Merary (new) - rated it 1 star

Merary Stephanie wrote: "Kara wrote: "I have other links. I have the fan fiction saved to my hard drive. So yeah. Just throwing that out there."

Lol, I have it too. *whistles*

Ask and you shall receive."


Stephanie wrote: "Kara wrote: "I have other links. I have the fan fiction saved to my hard drive. So yeah. Just throwing that out there."

Lol, I have it too. *whistles*

Ask and you shall receive."


. . . MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!


message 918: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha LOL. I check my messages often. ::wink, wink::


Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) So do I. Whatever people need I have.

"In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org."

The complaint isn't up yet. Wondering what it was. Tough shit, putting the fic up too when I get the chance. They're not getting rid of it.

I'd love to do a Google bomb or whatever it is so that when people search FSoG, the MOTU pdf comes up every time.


back to top