Dismiss
Note: Some of our members have reported that not all read dates are showing on this page, and some recently finished books are not appearing on the Reading Challenge. While we work to fix this issue, you can still view your read dates on your review or on the book page.

cover title author rating rating my rating review Down arrow read added
 
Wonder Boys
3.93
it was amazing
chabon's adaptation of the famous tenacious d song.
not set
May 21, 2007
 
The Spy Who Came In from the Cold
4.06
liked it
Spoiler Alert: His mom had soup and hot chocolate for him.
Jul 2007
Jun 10, 2007
 
Shock and Awe: Glam Rock and Its Legacy, from the Seventies to the Twenty-first Century
4.03
it was ok
What an overstuffed mess. I see a tendency in British music writing to overdo it with cultural/historical context. This may work for some, but for me ...more
Nov 2016
Oct 25, 2016
 
Wowee Zowee
3.62
did not like it
Gerard Cosloy crushing the author over email is the only worthwhile part.
Oct 21, 2014
Sep 12, 2014
 
Will Eisner: A Dreamer's Life in Comics
4.18
it was ok
Do people who wrote autobiographical stories lend themselves to third party biographies? Do we need a Harvey Pekar biography? Eisner certainly covered ...more
Feb 24, 2011
Dec 03, 2010
 
On Bowie
3.97
did not like it
An unnecessary chronological march through Bowie's albums complete with groan-worthy efforts to wedge song titles and lyrics into every paragraph.

The
...more
Jul 06, 2016
Jul 05, 2016
 
32 Yolks: From My Mother's Table to Working the Line
3.84
really liked it
Ripert's memoir is a straightforward, plain prose memoir stretching from his boyhood experiences with family and food to his departure for the US afte ...more
Jun 03, 2016
May 17, 2016
 
Runnin' with the Devil: A Backstage Pass to the Wild Times, Loud Rock, and the Down and Dirty Truth Behind the Making of Van Halen
3.88
it was ok
40% of this is about t-shirt sales. The other 60% is Monk explaining why he is/was smarter than everybody in VH. Cool!
Jul 05, 2017
Jun 27, 2017
 
Shadowbahn
3.52
really liked it
After reading Zeroville about 5 years ago, I sought out as much Erickson as I could. Though good, nothing really captured my attention like Zeroville' ...more
Nov 30, 2016
Nov 07, 2016
 
Lincoln in the Bardo
3.88
it was ok
I was so excited to read an advance copy of Saunders' first novel! I waited until I had plenty of time to concentrate and give one of my favorite auth ...more
Mar 05, 2017
Dec 30, 2016
Jul 11, 2016
Rss infinite
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 281 282