Rane’s review of The Lost Duke of Wyndham (Two Dukes of Wyndham, #1) > Likes and Comments

15 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dina (new)

Dina Rane wrote: " It was enjoyable, but I wanted a little more romance between Grace and Jack as the story was mostly center around Jack and is he or isn’t he the real duke."

That's what I've heard from many readers, so I'm still a bit wary of this book and haven't made up my mind about it yet. Do I want to read it or not? Decisions, decisions... Anyway, great review as usual, Rane! :)



message 2: by Angelc (new)

Angelc Great review, Rane! I didn't finish this one, but I'm glad you liked it!! Are you going to read Mr Cavendish next?


message 3: by Rane (new)

Rane Dina wrote: "Rane wrote: " It was enjoyable, but I wanted a little more romance between Grace and Jack as the story was mostly center around Jack and is he or isn’t he the real duke."

That's what I've heard fr..."


Thanks Dina! *hugs*
It's still a great and fun read and zooms by, but I luv my romance :D



message 4: by Rane (new)

Rane Angelc wrote: "Great review, Rane! I didn't finish this one, but I'm glad you liked it!! Are you going to read Mr Cavendish next?"

Thank you Angelc, it was a relaxing read. ;P
I have a copy of Mr Cavendish, but everyone tells me to space them out and not read them back to back as they overlap in scenes


message 5: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae You're right, Rane! Julia's humor and dashing heroes (even if they are rogues) make her one of my favorite historical romance authors, too!

Great review!


message 6: by Rane (new)

Rane Daisiemae wrote: "You're right, Rane! Julia's humor and dashing heroes (even if they are rogues) make her one of my favorite historical romance authors, too!

Great review!"


Thank you Daisiemae~!
I wouldn't have minded more Jack myself XDXDXDXD



message 7: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Great review Rane...in the years before I found sexy vampires, Highwaymen and Pirates were my great love they probably still are come to think of it.


message 8: by Rane (new)

Rane Adrienne wrote: "Great review Rane...in the years before I found sexy vampires, Highwaymen and Pirates were my great love they probably still are come to think of it."

*lol* thanks Adrienne, yeah am pretty fond of werewolves,highwayman and pirates myself ;D


message 9: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Awesome review Rane! You had me at funny comments and witty humor!


message 10: by Angelc (new)

Angelc Rane, yes you are so right. I tried to read mr cavendish after this hoping it would be better and it was like re-reading a book i didn't even like in the first place.


message 11: by Corrine (new)

Corrine This one was one of my favorite JQ books. I love how both Grace and Jack just light up - inside and out - whenever the other walks into a room. They were a great couple. Now, Mr Cavendish, on the other hand... I didn't like at all.


message 12: by Rane (new)

Rane Tammy wrote: "Awesome review Rane! You had me at funny comments and witty humor!"


Thank you Tammy ;D


message 13: by Rane (new)

Rane Angelc wrote: "Rane, yes you are so right. I tried to read mr cavendish after this hoping it would be better and it was like re-reading a book i didn't even like in the first place."

*nods* Yeah, so trying to space the books out as much as I can


message 14: by Rane (new)

Rane Corrine wrote: "This one was one of my favorite JQ books. I love how both Grace and Jack just light up - inside and out - whenever the other walks into a room. They were a great couple. Now, Mr Cavendish, on the o..."

O_o is it bad or...? just not as good at the TLDOW?


Fani *loves angst* Glad to know you liked it Rane, since I already own this one. I generally like Quinn as well, I even liked Miranda Cheevers, so I guess I'll not be disappointed with this one.


message 16: by Rane (new)

Rane Fanip wrote: "Glad to know you liked it Rane, since I already own this one. I generally like Quinn as well, I even liked Miranda Cheevers, so I guess I'll not be disappointed with this one."

O_o; liked even Miranda Cheevers hm?
^_^ Yes, you won't be disappointed in TLDOW!


message 17: by Corrine (last edited Sep 09, 2009 09:23AM) (new)

Corrine Rane wrote: "O_o is it bad or...? just not as good at the TLDOW?"

I guess it's just not as good as, not bad. I just didn't feel the connection between Thomas and Amelia (??? isn't that her name?). I was severely disappointed after loving TLDOW so much.




message 18: by K. (last edited Sep 09, 2009 09:31PM) (new)

K. Nice review Rane! I rated this one a star lower (half star in reality) than you, but I still enjoyed it enough (despite the fact it had a highwayman for a hero and I despise highwaymen and pirates in my reads! :\ I'm "odd girl out" there!). Quinn is one of my favorite authors, so her reads are never hard for me. I'll admit that I still haven't gotten back to reading MCIP yet. It's probably been long enough for me though as I read this one when it first came out (did the same as you and decided I'd wait a while). Thanks for getting it back on my radar. :)
K.



message 19: by Rane (last edited Sep 10, 2009 08:21AM) (new)

Rane K. wrote: "Nice review Rane! I rated this one a star lower (half star in reality) than you, but I still enjoyed it enough (despite the fact it had a highwayman for a hero and I despise highwaymen and pirates ..."

Thanks K.!
Aww you don't like highwaymen? ;_; but they're so yummy, riding on their horses, masks, only appearing at night? ....that's hot~ *wants her own highwayman now!*





message 20: by Karen (new)

Karen I agree with spacing the two books out. It is interesting to see some of the same scenes from another point of view. Of the two heroes, I think I liked Thomas better than Jack. I think I gave them both 3 stars but I think it was only because I compared them to other JQ books that I loved that they came up slightly lacking.



message 21: by Rane (new)

Rane Karen wrote: "I agree with spacing the two books out. It is interesting to see some of the same scenes from another point of view. Of the two heroes, I think I liked Thomas better than Jack. I think I gave them ..."

*nods* I tried not to compare JQ's works, but sometimes the book just doesn't hold up to her other better works


back to top