Kelly (and the Book Boar)’s review of The Body > Likes and Comments

66 likes · 
Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vivian (new)

Vivian God. I love that movie, should probably give the book a spin. Thanks, Kelly. I actually had no clue King wrote it. I've schooled today :)


Kelly (and the Book Boar) Vivian wrote: "God. I love that movie, should probably give the book a spin. Thanks, Kelly. I actually had no clue King wrote it. I've schooled today :)"

Yay for learning new things! The book follows the story almost to a tee, but King's writing in this one . . . . WOWZA!


message 3: by Stepheny (new)

Stepheny Frank Mueller was the best. It was a sad day for Dark Tower fans when he died. His narration of the DTS was the best ever.

Excellent review, as always, Kelly. One of the best short stories ever and movies! You are so right about that!


Kelly (and the Book Boar) Stepheny wrote: "Frank Mueller was the best. It was a sad day for Dark Tower fans when he died. His narration of the DTS was the best ever.

Excellent review, as always, Kelly. One of the best short stories ever a..."


Well shit! I didn't know he was dead : (




message 5: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Good to know on the audio! I’ve been wanting to read this one forever. I love that movie so much. I was just talking about it the other day and wondering if my 9 yo could handle it. Maybe we’ll listen and watch together too!


message 6: by Leigh (new)

Leigh great review


Kelly (and the Book Boar) Kristin ❋extols death with luminescent brilliance❋ wrote: "Good to know on the audio! I’ve been wanting to read this one forever. I love that movie so much. I was just talking about it the other day and wondering if my 9 yo could handle it. Maybe we’ll lis..."

FYI - there's another "story within the story" (like the pie-eat) that is definitely NOT okay for the wee child. Not to mention the smoking/swearing/not PC insults since it was the '60s. You might want to wait a couple more years.


Kelly (and the Book Boar) Leigh wrote: "great review"

Thank you : )


message 9: by debra (new)

debra wonderful review,kelly. Well, double poopies- I didn't know he was dead either;I love him as a narrator.


message 10: by Melki (new)

Melki description


Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* I really liked this story as well - glad your rating was so high


message 12: by Stepheny (new)

Stepheny Kelly (and the Book Boar) wrote: "Stepheny wrote: "Frank Mueller was the best. It was a sad day for Dark Tower fans when he died. His narration of the DTS was the best ever.

Excellent review, as always, Kelly. One of the best sho..."


Yeah, sorry to be the bearer or bad news. :(


Zombieslayer/Alienhunter {and so on} Ha! Awesome to hear your kid liked it. XD i was a brat when I read it the first time, too.
I'm due for a re-read on this one myself.


Kelly (and the Book Boar) debra wrote: "wonderful review,kelly. Well, double poopies- I didn't know he was dead either;I love him as a narrator."

Thank you! I'm listening to Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption: A Story from Different Seasons now. He's so good : )


Kelly (and the Book Boar) Melki wrote: ""

#like


Kelly (and the Book Boar) Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* wrote: "I really liked this story as well - glad your rating was so high"

I was scared to do a re-read, but this was even better the second time around : )


Kelly (and the Book Boar) Zombieslayer/Alienhunter {another apprentice} wrote: "Ha! Awesome to hear your kid liked it. XD i was a brat when I read it the first time, too.
I'm due for a re-read on this one myself."


Yeah, I read Stephen King to freak my mother when I was a teenager. Mine can't freak me out with what he reads so he has to dislike all of my favorites instead ; )


message 18: by Kristin (new)

Kristin We had to break down and watch it this last weekend. My 9 yo loved it! Which was surprising, and not. I really need to get to reading this, I've only spent the last 30 years loving the movie.


Kelly (and the Book Boar) Kristin ❋extols death with luminescent brilliance❋ wrote: "We had to break down and watch it this last weekend. My 9 yo loved it! Which was surprising, and not. I really need to get to reading this, I've only spent the last 30 years loving the movie."

Yay! The oldest is still plugging away at his 15 page a night pace. He's finally at the pie eat and was actually excited about reading last night : )


message 20: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Yes!


back to top